Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,493   Posts: 1,542,995   Online: 810

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Hey, Luis. Your work is quite good. That self portrait has wonderful tonality and texture. The general school of thought for long exposures is that the lower ISO films tend to have less obvious grain than the higher ones. I would tend to try films like Pan F 50 or FP4 Plus rather than 400 speed films, but try a few and see what you like, for that is the only thing which really matters.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thank you very much for sharing Kevin!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I've had great luck with Acros at night. It does well at box speed in Rodinal, and I've found it still great at Exposure Index 200 in DD-X. This is 120 size.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Beautiful shots in there Luis. Your night and dusk shots are very beautiful. As you start moving towards printing in the darkroom you might want to read up here on compensating developers, stand development, and divided development. It does seem from your scans that you're getting good results out of Tri-X already, you will find the ability to tweak development might make your negatives easier to print.

Do try Pan-F, exceptionally beautiful film.
    Matt Gorringe

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thank you for your kind imput Mattew I look forward to this learning process in this great comunity, I am a student and you are all my mentors!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A very impressive portfolio Luis,what ever film you take I'm sure you will make good photographs.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thank you for your comment Mike! It is hard for a beginer like me not chase the magic bullet of equipment, film and developers I promess I will do it as little as posible!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Its only natural to lust for more film and equipment, what you need is the 12 step program to fight G.A.S.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin