Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,677   Posts: 1,482,053   Online: 873

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    With all these designations we should have in mind that spectral sensitivity falls into
    -) the extent of sensitivity in terms of wavelength
    -) the extent of sensitivity at a given wavelength.

So even a film with a somewhat lesser extent into the red could be `more panchromatic´ due to some relative peak.
    Anyway, to my knowledge all these designations are not standardized. And when you look at all those spectral sensitivity curves published so far, one will see that designating them all would be difficult.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    In ye oldene dayze, we called it a Type B emulsion, iirc. Plus X, for example, was (originally, at least) a Type B. We shot 4x5 Kodak Super Pan Press-B (ASA 125) a lot. Tri-X was a Type C emulsion, with slightly greater red sensitivity--what Trond said. I (truly) think it was easier to keep B and C apart. And Type B is a lot easier to spell than orthopanchromatic(grin).
    John, Mount Vernon, Virginia USA

Shooter
    Medium Format

Suck it and See

I've used TMX for a long time and had it doing what I wanted in Xtol and Rodinal but I've been seeing the compliments Acros has been getting here on APUG. I'll just have to run a few comparison rolls to see if it works for me.

Reason I love APUG is that there's just so much knowledge, experience and experimentation happening. It highlights ideas to try, new ways to think - and now, with spectral sensitivity curves to ponder, new ways to make my brain hurt. (Not that it takes much nowadays)

I appreciate the help here guys.

Bob H
    "Why is there always a better way?"

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Sorry. Should have said "Thanks for the help here guys and guyesses"

Bob H

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    In Eastern Pennsylvania "Guy" was generic for whatever gender. In Northeastern PA, it might be "youze guyze." In South Western PA, it was "yoonz. Harder to keep track of than the spectral sensitivities of Type B, Type C, and orthopanchromatic, methinks.
    John, Mount Vernon, Virginia USA

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Think you're right John. Although my brain's still a-hurtin' !!!

Bob

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Stefan Findel View Post
    It is. And the only way to get it properly exposed is to use a Zone VI modified Pentax spot meter. It really is a color transparency emulsion, which, properly developed, yields a bw negative. (Sorry, I couldn't help myself.)
    When i read the http://www.butzi.net/articles/zone%2...worth%20it.htm website, i see a max difference of 1/3 stop with the zone VI meter. Why would it be the only way than?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Hi Willie Jan,
    Sorry for the confusion! When I read Bob's post referring to 'Government Intelligence' as an oxymoron, I could not help myself but to make some smart remarks orf my own. Of course I agree with Paul Butzi's ramblings about modified meters and Fred Picker (you just made me read that, I had long ago drawn my own conclusions.)
    Oh, and a color transparency film producing a bw neg was meant to be an oxymoron, but come to think of it, that would actually be possible. Maybe I should stop trying to be funny. Forgive me!
    Stefan

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Hi Willie Jan,
    Sorry for the confusion! When I read Bob's post referring to 'Government Intelligence' as an oxymoron, I could not help myself but to make some smart remarks orf my own. Of course I agree with Paul Butzi's ramblings about modified meters and Fred Picker (you just made me read that, I had long ago drawn my own conclusions.)
    Oh, and a color transparency film producing a bw neg was meant to be an oxymoron, but come to think of it, that would actually be possible. Maybe I should stop trying to be funny. Forgive me!
    Stefan
    where would the world be without funny people....

Shooter
    Medium Format
    ......... Maybe I should stop trying to be funny. Forgive me!
    Stefan
    Trying, ( and succeeding) to be funny beats being a miserable old goat any day of the week..

Bob H

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin