Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,921   Posts: 1,584,902   Online: 1112

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by fotch View Post
    For those less knowledgeable like myself, what is the difference [Agfa APX 400 vs. Agfa APX 400 S ?]
    Thank you in advance.

The `S´-film was a surveillance film and thus coated on a (coloured) PET-base.

The emulsion was most probably identical to the APX 400. (I got the datasheet at hand of the Agfapan S 400 and that is identical to the APX 400, except for the base.)

Shooter
    35mm
    Agfa APX 100 and 400 are indeed being marketed by Rollei, branded as their "Retro" line. They are available in both 35mm and 120.

Cheers,

Andrew

Shooter
    35mm
    What I heard from the local distributor is that they are going to be replaced by Retro 80s and Retro 400s, respectively. Rollei is moving all their films to the polyester base, guess because they are running out of stock with the old emulsions and the former Belgian Agfa factory that still makes the film is using the polyester base. Actually it seems that they are making a special offer on the last Retro (former Agfa) emulsions.

smn

Shooter
    35mm
    In my understanding Retro 400 is dated 4/09! Macodirect.de doesn't have this film anymore on their catalogue.

Shooter
    35mm
    Yes, seems they have only Retro 100, special offer 23,80€ for 20 rolls. Looks like they want to get rid of the last film in sotck. The Italian distributor now carries Retro 80s and Retro 400s, which he claims have replaced Retro 100 and Retro 400, which (in turn) replaced Agfa APX 100 and APX 100. What a mess!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin