Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,571   Posts: 1,545,608   Online: 987

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm

Agfa Agfapan APX100 & APX400 Finished ???

I was just looking on the retrophotographic web site and seen this

Agfa Photo kept the machines running right up to the last moment before their demise and there are significant stockpiles of the APX100 & 400 still left, dated 12/2010 35mm 36exp only - no 120 - very attractively priced you can find them in the shop

I thought apx 100 & 400 was still being made in 35mm format

http://www.retrophotographic.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Nope, not still being made unfortunately. What is available now is what was left from the last Agfa master rolls. You can still get APX100 and APX400 in the form of Rollei Retro 100 and 400, and you can probably still find some Agfa APX100 and 400 in 35mm but not 120. Buy it while you can.

San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ever since APX was finished - I've been collecting significant quantities. I think I'm up around 4000 feet of it now. Quite saddened to see such a fine and unique film die. Last I heard they were working on manufacturing it again via Maco/Rollei/etc.
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Last I heard, Fotoimpex/Adox is basically ready to restart manufacture under their label with the help of former Agfa engineers; they are just waiting for the remaining original Agfa stock to dwindle, because it is available so cheaply now that they cannot compete.

Shooter
    35mm
    Have a look at Rollei, they are selling many former Agfa film under their brand. I think Rollei Retro 100 and 400 actually are rebadged Agfa APX.

Shooter
    35mm
    FWIW, Photo Warehouse (aka Ultrafine Online) is selling 100-foot rolls of APX100 and 55-foot rolls of what they claim is APX400 but that's really APX400S. (I can't promise that the APX100 is really what they claim, since I've not tried any of that, but when I bought some APX400 I definitely got APX400S.)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by srs5694 View Post
    FWIW, Photo Warehouse (aka Ultrafine Online) is selling 100-foot rolls of APX100 and 55-foot rolls of what they claim is APX400 but that's really APX400S. (I can't promise that the APX100 is really what they claim, since I've not tried any of that, but when I bought some APX400 I definitely got APX400S.)
    For those less knowledgeable like myself, what is the difference?
    Thank you in advance.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by srs5694 View Post
    The APX 100 that photo warehouse is selling IS APX 100, however, they are taking APX 400 (or whatever it is) and re-packaging it in square, generic containers, not the round AGFA ones. I've had to send two back to them them because they were taped OPEN! Beware!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Want some cheap Agfa? Check this one: /http://macodirect.de/

Shooter
    35mm
    (re: APX400 vs. APX400S)

Quote Originally Posted by fotch View Post
    For those less knowledgeable like myself, what is the difference?
    Thank you in advance.
    APX400S is coated on a thinner base than APX400, and APX400S has a bluish tint, whereas APX400 is a fairly neutral gray. I've seen conflicting claims about whether the emulsions are the same or different. I've only shot a couple rolls of each. I rather liked the APX400 I shot, so I bought a couple of the bulk rolls from Ultrafine, thinking it was APX400. I haven't yet made up my mind about the APX400S.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin