Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,302   Posts: 1,536,190   Online: 685

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That translation probably means
    "boxy film please open do not"

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The chinese means unexposed film, only open in complete darkness.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by L Gebhardt View Post
    Just note the stupid hole Fuji insists on putting on their negative films. I had to draw a line down the side of my ground glass in order to remember it.
    Guys, what hole ?

I have some Acros Readyloads to try and have not yet opened the packet

I just assumed there would be a line on the Readyload like on the Kodak to show the limit for the cover

What should I be looking out for?

Many thanks

Martin

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin Aislabie View Post
    Guys, what hole ?

What should I be looking out for?

Many thanks

Martin
    If it is what I think it is, Fuji is probably punching a small round hole in one corner of the sheet film. Lots of manufacturers used to do this. You can then hang up your negatives to dry with a bent paper-clip.

It would be outside the area of negative normally visible in the negative holder of an enlarger. It is only of some concern and interest to those contact printers that like to show the very edges of the negative, including the rebate.

This will only be visible once you process the film, you can't notice anything on the outside of the packet.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PHOTOTONE View Post
    If it is what I think it is, Fuji is probably punching a small round hole in one corner of the sheet film. Lots of manufacturers used to do this. You can then hang up your negatives to dry with a bent paper-clip.

It would be outside the area of negative normally visible in the negative holder of an enlarger. It is only of some concern and interest to those contact printers that like to show the very edges of the negative, including the rebate.

This will only be visible once you process the film, you can't notice anything on the outside of the packet.
    The hole could be used for hanging, but I don't do this.

It does show up in the image area for my camera and negative holders. As such I am required to crop off a bit of either the top or the side to get rid of it. So it's an issue for more than contact printers. It is also on Fuji's color negative film, but doesn't seem to be on any of the transparency films.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    OK

Thanks for the info guys

I will avoid cropping any photo too tightly

Martin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin