Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,909   Posts: 1,584,668   Online: 861

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Kodak readyloads

A year ago, I was lucky to be able to travel (with my view camera) to Asia for a month. Readyloads made the trip much easier when dealing with the language barrier at airport security checkpopints. Being able to simply open a box of film made all the difference. Well, that option is gone now. TMax 100 is my sheet film of choice. I know that Fuji has a competitive system but does anyone have other suggestions?

JKADIS

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Sadly, I have no other suggestions. But I will say Acros is a very nice film, and is what I would do. Just note the stupid hole Fuji insists on putting on their negative films. I had to draw a line down the side of my ground glass in order to remember it.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Your other readily available choices for compact travel with 4x5 film, would be a few holders, or grafmatics (holds six sheets) and a changing bag. You can put exposed film back into factory film boxes for temporary storage. Grafmatic holders have been discontinued for years, but can be found fairly regularly on the used market.

More exotic and expensive and discontinued would be the Mido system, which consists of very thin (like readyload) reloadable film sheaths and one sheath adapter for your camera.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    AFAIK, the Fuji Quickload films can be loaded in the Kodak Readyload holder without any problems, so if you don`t have any T-Max 100 left, then Fuji 100 Acros should be OK.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith Tapscott. View Post
    AFAIK, the Fuji Quickload films can be loaded in the Kodak Readyload holder without any problems, so if you don`t have any T-Max 100 left, then Fuji 100 Acros should be OK.
    I have both holders and far prefer the newest Kodak to the Fuji for Acros, it operates more smoothly...Evan Clarke

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by L Gebhardt View Post
    Sadly, I have no other suggestions. But I will say Acros is a very nice film, and is what I would do. Just note the stupid hole Fuji insists on putting on their negative films. I had to draw a line down the side of my ground glass in order to remember it.
    Yes, the damn hole!!!..Evan Clarke

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by L Gebhardt View Post
    Why do they do this? It's in the image area?

Bob H
    "Why is there always a better way?"

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith Tapscott. View Post
    Hi Keith,

Thanks for the info. I was under the impression that the Kodak and Fuji sytems were not compatible. If indeed they are compatible, then all that's required is to once again get used to a new film.

JKADIS

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I've travelled internationally with holders and a changing bag many times. The big difference on this last trip was all the Asian languages where I am completely clueless. In Europe and South America, I could at least explain why they couldn't open the film boxes. In Asia, that was impossible for me.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Use an on line translator and print something like this

Chinese
    胶卷,只开放在完全黑暗

Japanese
    写真フィルムは、暗闇の中でのみオープン
    D-76 is a standard developer, although not one I use.
    Ansel Adams - The Negative

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin