Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,715   Posts: 1,483,039   Online: 768

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm

The Massive Dev Chart for Android

Apologies if this isn't the write area to put this post, please feel free to move it to a more appropriate forum:

As you're all more than likely aware, the Massive Dev Chart is an invaluable collection of development combinations and timings for literally hundreds of films and developers.

It's been a while coming, but we now have a portable offline mobile application specifically designed for Android devices, which allows smart-searching of films and developers, results displayed for small, medium and large formats and extended information all at your finger tips.

It's available now in the Android marketplace, just search for "Massive Dev Chart". All feedback welcome.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The Massive Development Chart is too riddled with errors and inconsistencies to be particularly useful. Development temperatures aren't consistent, agitation techniques are mixed up & not always stated, and there's no standard target gamma/contrast.

Ian

Shooter
    Medium Format
    XX
    Last edited by BobNewYork; 03-21-2009 at 05:09 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: laptop farted!
    "Why is there always a better way?"

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    The Massive Development Chart is too riddled with errors and inconsistencies to be particularly useful. Development temperatures aren't consistent, agitation techniques are mixed up & not always stated, and there's no standard target gamma/contrast.

Ian
    I've always regarded the MDC as providing a point of departure when I try new film / developer combinations. As such I find the chart very useful - it certainly gets me in the ballpark first time which is closer than pure guesswork. (Could say something about my guessworking abilities, of course ) I think I can honestly say that I've found I'm usually within two films of "nailing it" when I use the MDC recommendations as a starting point.

I'll often get clients who have used Film X and want it developed in a developer they've read about somewhere - MDC is incredibly useful for that.

JMHO

Bob H

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I agree with Ian, however I also agree with Bob. :rolleyes:

What I do know, is that I cannot find anything on the sight for "android devices", am I doing something wrong?

Or maybe it is because you call yourself Purple, but I would say Violet!

Mick.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick Fagan View Post
    I agree with Ian, however I also agree with Bob. :rolleyes:

What I do know, is that I cannot find anything on the sight for "android devices", am I doing something wrong?

Or maybe it is because you call yourself Purple, but I would say Violet!

Mick.
    Oh come on Mick - for God's sake take a stand

BTW what is "Android" - I thought it was something out of Dr. Who

Bob H

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by purple View Post
    Apologies if this isn't the write area to put this post, please feel free to move it to a more appropriate forum.
    It's available now in the Android marketplace, just search for "Massive Dev Chart". All feedback welcome.
    Who`s Anne Droid?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith Tapscott. View Post
    Who`s Anne Droid?
    Lovely girl - everyone knows her. Where've you been Keith

Bob H
    Last edited by BobNewYork; 03-22-2009 at 06:11 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: emphasis

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Android is an open source operating system for mobile computing based on linux. Think iPhone without vendor lock-in, and the ability for anyone to develop and distribute either free or commercial software without needing Steve Jobs' or the phone vendor's approval.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_Android
    http://code.google.com/android/
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CO7Yxyux1_k

Lee

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee L View Post
    Android is an open source operating system for mobile computing based on linux. Think iPhone without vendor lock-in, and the ability for anyone to develop and distribute either free or commercial software without needing Steve Jobs' or the phone vendor's approval.

Lee
    Appreciate the info Lee. But that's far less interesting than the route Keith was headed down!

Bob H

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin