Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,929   Posts: 1,585,299   Online: 1080

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by dfoo View Post
    Ok, you are right. I also had mine shipped USPS priority mail. However, the order was $180 and the shipping was $42. Thats pretty expensive in my books.
    Have to blame the USPS, not freestyle. At current rates, the shipping comes to about 2 bucks US a pound. I don't beleive that freestyle marks it up any.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I don't care who to blame. What I care is that its expensive to order from the US, hence my query as to whether Arista is available in Canada!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by PhotoJim View Post
    What are Canadian retail prices? To be competitive pre-shipping they'd have to be in the $2.50-$2.75 Canadian per roll range. If they're over $4 there's no way they can compete.
    Since I don't know any retailers that sell Arista besides Henry's, I don't know what the Canadian retail prices are. The is the reason for my question

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I know Don's doesn't carry it.

I've had excellent service from Photo Central based out of Winnipeg for all film-related purchases -- their site is darkroomcentral.ca, I'd recommend going there to see if they can help.

(I have no ties to that company, just making a recommendation based on personal experience)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by dfoo View Post
    Since I don't know any retailers that sell Arista besides Henry's, I don't know what the Canadian retail prices are. The is the reason for my question
    Henry's has a website. Is the film not listed there?
    Jim MacKenzie - Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

A bunch of Nikons; Feds, Zorkis and a Kiev; Pentax 67-II (inherited from my deceased father-in-law); Bronica SQ-A; and a nice Shen Hao 4x5 field camera with 3 decent lenses that needs to be taken outside more. Oh, and as of mid-2012, one of those bodies we don't talk about here.

Favourite film: do I need to pick only one?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Yes, at Henry's its $3.99 a roll. They don't have bulk.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I have had 4 or 5 boxes shipped from Freestyle to Edmonton, and they are all shipped by USPS...have to make it larger orders thou to save on shipping costs, as it is still fairly expensive.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin Corneau View Post
    I know Don's doesn't carry it.

I've had excellent service from Photo Central based out of Winnipeg for all film-related purchases -- their site is darkroomcentral.ca, I'd recommend going there to see if they can help.

(I have no ties to that company, just making a recommendation based on personal experience)
    I have also bought photo paper, and chemistry from darkroom central, they are a pleasure to deal with and ship quickly.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin