Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,211   Posts: 1,531,984   Online: 1131

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

Arista in Canada

Towards the end of the ill fated Ilford in Canada thread I saw some recommendations about where to get Arista in Canada. Unfortunately, I didn't write them down... I know Henry's carries it, but its a bit expensive. Where else is it available?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I saw some at Burlington Camera in Burlington Ontario. Not sure which Arista film(s) or price it was though.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The easiest and least expensive way to get it will be to buy it from Freestyle directly, since it is their house brand. I have a strong suspicion that any store that stocks Arista films merely mail orders it from Freestyle themselves, and marks it up accordingly.
    Jim MacKenzie - Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

A bunch of Nikons; Feds, Zorkis and a Kiev; Pentax 67-II (inherited from my deceased father-in-law); Bronica SQ-A; and a nice Shen Hao 4x5 field camera with 3 decent lenses that needs to be taken outside more. Oh, and as of mid-2012, one of those bodies we don't talk about here.

Favourite film: do I need to pick only one?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    While all Arista product is owned and marketed by Freestyle, they do have a wholesale division that sells to retailers.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Ordering from freestyle is all well and good, and I've done that. However, their shipping is very expensive since they refuse to use USPS, and an in-canada alternative would be better.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The shipping is costly, but if you buy the film in quantity, it amortizes out to be very reasonable.

What are Canadian retail prices? To be competitive pre-shipping they'd have to be in the $2.50-$2.75 Canadian per roll range. If they're over $4 there's no way they can compete.

A bunch of Nikons; Feds, Zorkis and a Kiev; Pentax 67-II (inherited from my deceased father-in-law); Bronica SQ-A; and a nice Shen Hao 4x5 field camera with 3 decent lenses that needs to be taken outside more. Oh, and as of mid-2012, one of those bodies we don't talk about here.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by dfoo View Post
    Ordering from freestyle is all well and good, and I've done that. However, their shipping is very expensive since they refuse to use USPS, and an in-canada alternative would be better.
    You may want to check again. A year or two ago they added new shipping options. They've got an ordering and shipping policies page that specifies, among other things, USPS Priority Mail International as an option. I don't know how much that would help, but it's worth reviewing the information. You might give them a call if you need more information.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sorry, I missed the comment about USPS. I've ordered three times from Freestyle over the last couple of years, and had all of the shipments sent by USPS. It absolutely is possible.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    All of my (many) shipments from Freestyle have come by USPS Priority Mail International to Canada.

Cheers,
    Clarence

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Ok, you are right. I also had mine shipped USPS priority mail. However, the order was $180 and the shipping was $42. Thats pretty expensive in my books.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin