Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,941   Posts: 1,585,710   Online: 1062

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wogster View Post
    I have not experienced this, now there is another possibility, some cameras like the Canon EOS (film) series, wind the entire roll onto the takeup spool on loading, and then run backward, so the reversed numbers would be handy with such cameras. Supposedly the reasoning for this is that if you accidentally open the back of the camera, only a couple of shots are ruined, it makes sense with a completely motorized camera.
    Huh? Never seen my 1V do this - and it's obvious from the rewind at the end that it isn't doing this either.
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

Shooter
    35mm
    I'm pretty sure that's how disposable cameras are wound too. Saves the photofinishers time. It always made sense to me in any case.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by clayne View Post
    Huh? Never seen my 1V do this - and it's obvious from the rewind at the end that it isn't doing this either.
    neither does my elan, but most rebels definitely do.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by bob100684 View Post
    neither does my elan, but most rebels definitely do.
    It is one of the "features" of the Canon EOS rebels. Loading the film results in the camera winding to the end, and each shot counts down.
    see
    http://www.marietta.edu/~mcshaffd/macro/canonrebg.html for an explanation

ath
    Shooter
    35mm
    For the record: I bought a 100ft roll and tried it.
    1. the numbering starts at 1, goes up to 43 and restarts.
    2. the roll is wound on a spool (bobbin-core), not a core. My Watson-style loader did not have a problem with this.
    3. the edge markings look as if they have been made by Fuji.

A side-by-side check against fresh Fuji Acros left no doubt that this is Acros.
    Regards,
    Andreas

Shooter
    35mm
    Could you tell me where you bought it from? Is there a European stockist?

ath
    Shooter
    35mm
    Regards,
    Andreas

San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    While there is no absolute way to prove this outside of FS - the dev times are exactly the same, the film looks exactly the same, the markers look exactly the same. Walks like a duck.

Incredible value for what it returns.
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by ath View Post
    For the record: I bought a 100ft roll and tried it.
    1. the numbering starts at 1, goes up to 43 and restarts.
    2. the roll is wound on a spool (bobbin-core), not a core. My Watson-style loader did not have a problem with this.
    3. the edge markings look as if they have been made by Fuji.

A side-by-side check against fresh Fuji Acros left no doubt that this is Acros.
    I wish that other companies would use the spool rather then the core, would make it easier to switch films in a bulk loader.
    Paul Schmidt
    See my Blog at http://clickandspin.blogspot.com

The greatest advance in photography in the last 100 years is not digital, it's odourless stop bath....

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by wogster View Post
    I wish that other companies would use the spool rather then the core, would make it easier to switch films in a bulk loader.
    a metal spool is the standard way that 35mm movie film is packed on 100 ft loads. (at 90 ft a minute they make short shots)
    Kodak may still have TX and Plus X on the #417 roll. which comes on a metal spool.

I have not seen a fuji 35mm spool, but the 16mm MOVIE spools are marked fuji film on the side and have two ofset drive holes.

OR they may be using a Plastic spool like is used for microfilm. in that cse it may or may not say Fuji, but will have 1 and 2 marked on the sides. the microfilm spools also have the offset drive holes as well as the 1/4 inch square hole.

You may be able to get a movie lab to sell you a few spools, and the cans ot go with them, they are a touch larger than the cans Kodak uses for plain bulk fiilm.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin