Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,982   Posts: 1,523,839   Online: 994

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wogster View Post
    ... some cameras like the Canon EOS (film) series, wind the entire roll onto the takeup spool on loading, and then run backward, so the reversed numbers would be handy with such cameras. Supposedly the reasoning for this is that if you accidentally open the back of the camera, only a couple of shots are ruined, it makes sense with a completely motorized camera.
    It does??? The loading must progress at a really rapid pace ... taking FAR less time than the rewinding at the end of the film.

The theory behind this was to "save" film if the back was accidentally opened?
    When I first obtained this camera, I opened the back, not knowing that there was film loaded. ALL the film between spools was lightstruck ... not different than it would be with any other camera.

Are you SURE about this?
    Carpe erratum!!

Ed Sukach, FFP.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The idea is that there's a decreasing amount of film on the take-up spool and an increasing amount back in the canister as you progress through the film. So, if you open the back after 30 shots of a 36exp have been taken - most of the film is protected. I guess it protects the film you've taken rather than the film you haven't.

Bob H
    "Why is there always a better way?"

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed Sukach View Post
    It does??? The loading must progress at a really rapid pace ... taking FAR less time than the rewinding at the end of the film.

The theory behind this was to "save" film if the back was accidentally opened?
    When I first obtained this camera, I opened the back, not knowing that there was film loaded. ALL the film between spools was lightstruck ... not different than it would be with any other camera.

Are you SURE about this?
    Apparently only some of the EOS cameras do this, the Rebel series. Don't forget these are 35mm cameras, so by winding to the end and then going backwards if you open the back mid-roll you would only lose one shot ot two shors, the rest are in the cartridge. Of course the remaining film would be ruined, certain is better then losing all the shots you have taken.
    Paul Schmidt
    See my Blog at http://clickandspin.blogspot.com

The greatest advance in photography in the last 100 years is not digital, it's odourless stop bath....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin