Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,770   Posts: 1,484,254   Online: 1138

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    ath
    Shooter
    35mm

Arista Legacy 100 100ft rolls

Hello,

has anybody tried the 100ft rolls of the Legacy 100 and can comment on the edge markings (numbering)?

Thanks,
    Regards,
    Andreas

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Are you interested in knowing the edge-markings to determine the maker of the film? I ask this, because there is only ONE b/w film maker now in Japan, and this film is from Japan, so it has to be Fuji.

ath
    Shooter
    35mm
    No, Phototone, I know this is Acros. I'm interested in the edge markings to avoid a surprise - I've seen many different styles from nothing over 2 steps/frame to the numbering we normally see on a 35mm film (albeit with offset). And I had Rollei ATP which ran the numbers in the wrong direction.
    Regards,
    Andreas

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ath View Post
    And I had Rollei ATP which ran the numbers in the wrong direction.
    Which means the numbering was in the right order on the long spool, and became reversed going into the newly spooled cassette. Likely meaning intended for another form of use then DIY respooling.
    D-76 is a standard developer, although not one I use.
    Ansel Adams - The Negative

ath
    Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by trexx View Post
    Which means the numbering was in the right order on the long spool, and became reversed going into the newly spooled cassette. Likely meaning intended for another form of use then DIY respooling.
    Of course you are correct. But the 100ft rool was sold for respooling - among the 35mm cassettes.
    Regards,
    Andreas

Shooter
    35mm
    Of course you are correct. But the 100ft rool was sold for respooling - among the 35mm cassettes.
    Doesn't mean that's what the film was made for....
    Paul Schmidt
    See my Blog at http://clickandspin.blogspot.com

The greatest advance in photography in the last 100 years is not digital, it's odourless stop bath....

ath
    Shooter
    35mm
    Back to my question. Anyone experience?
    Regards,
    Andreas

CuS

Shooter
    35mm
    I've had this happen with 100' rolls of APX 100
    - reversed numbering

Shooter
    35mm
    some folks use the long rolls for "portait" type cameras, so they would prefer the numbers to go up when the roll is unrolled, folks who bulk load would perfer they go down. The order the factory uses probaly depends on their equpment and their work flow.

When you get a fresh roll, load a short test roll, and note the order when you process that - if needed just rewind the bulk roll before you load your cassettes. You may find that easier if you can get a 35mm split reel, but the split reel will likly require the two or three inch cores.

Shooter
    35mm
    Back to my question. Anyone experience?
    I have not experienced this, now there is another possibility, some cameras like the Canon EOS (film) series, wind the entire roll onto the takeup spool on loading, and then run backward, so the reversed numbers would be handy with such cameras. Supposedly the reasoning for this is that if you accidentally open the back of the camera, only a couple of shots are ruined, it makes sense with a completely motorized camera.
    Paul Schmidt
    See my Blog at http://clickandspin.blogspot.com

The greatest advance in photography in the last 100 years is not digital, it's odourless stop bath....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin