Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,986   Posts: 1,523,988   Online: 822

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    ...and stupid me, I read "on freestylephoto the re-branded Fomapan 400 is the same price as the Fuji Neopan 400." Time for some new glasses, I think.
    Frank Schifano

Shooter
    35mm
    I figured as much. I should have worded it clearer, because there could be confusion. BTW, can you shoot 220 in any camera that takes 120?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Not always. I have a couple of Mamiya C220's that can use either. The pressure plate in the back is adjustable and there is a switch that you change from "120" to "220" on the body to adjust for the frame spacing and frame counter. The Mamiya 645 film magazines use inserts that are adjustable for 120 or 220. Mamiya RB and RZ cameras use separate backs and inserts for 120 and 220. Hasselblad makes separate backs andfor 120 and 220. I haven't tried, but I don't think you can use 220 in a 120 back and vice versa. I doubt that doing so would be catastrophic, and there might even be a work around if one chose to do so. I've never investigated because I don't use 220.
    Frank Schifano

Shooter
    35mm
    Oh. I forgot about 220's not having paper backing. In that case, I wouldn't be able to see the frame numbers through the little red window. Oops.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    BTW, can you shoot 220 in any camera that takes 120?
    Indeed not always.
    To be more in detail for the Mamiya 645 system: The inserts are different, the backs are the same. You can rebuild a 220 insert to 120 insert but you have to adjust the friction then (After removing some parts from the insert itself).
    So not a too good idea.

For my Yashica Mat 124G you can switch over the pressure plate to another position.
    Indeed 220 roll film has only backing paper in the beginning and at the end.

BTW Foma roll films has been switched from the "lick" glue paper to self adhesive sticker "a la Fuji". They have only 120 roll film assembly and are also doing some 120 roll film assembly for the Rollei-Maco company.

Best regards,

Robert

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertV View Post
    Indeed not always.
    To be more in detail for the Mamiya 645 system: The inserts are different, the backs are the same. You can rebuild a 220 insert to 120 insert but you have to adjust the friction then (After removing some parts from the insert itself).
    So not a too good idea.

For my Yashica Mat 124G you can switch over the pressure plate to another position.
    Indeed 220 roll film has only backing paper in the beginning and at the end.

BTW Foma roll films has been switched from the "lick" glue paper to self adhesive sticker "a la Fuji". They have only 120 roll film assembly and are also doing some 120 roll film assembly for the Rollei-Maco company.

Best regards,

Robert
    Dear Robert

I have the last rolls of Fomapan 200 you send to me. With the new glued end. It is a catastrophy: it glues in my back and is block each end of roll.

I have to eliminate it at the end of each roll, otherwise it stays in the frame and is seeable on the photo...
    Aurelien, Analog Photographer

the analog place to be

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That really depends on the camera system. If the self adhesive strip is unrolled by a guide it will block the transport mechanism, which is a pitty. It will not happen with a M645 but maybe the M7 II system can have a problem with it due to it's guide system.
    Also the most general TLR systems will not have any problem with it.

In case of an M7 II RF you have to stop after winding the crank a few times but not till the complete end.

But in case of problems you will have exactly the same problem with the Fuji films.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    It's a real problem with the RB67 back... I have not any problems with fuji films, that is what I don't understand.
    Aurelien, Analog Photographer

the analog place to be

Shooter
    Multi Format
    What in detail is different with the RB back compared with the transport of the film in a M645 ot M7 II ?

For some unknown reasons the self adhesive strip must be unlocked by one of the guide rollers. The reason why by the Foma films and not by the Fuji film self adhesive strip can be only that the unlock by Foma is easier to do.

Is it only the RB back? More input would be welcome.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by fschifano View Post
    Mamiya RB and RZ cameras use separate backs and inserts for 120 and 220.
    Does this mean you can't use an RB/RZ 220 insert with a 120 back? If not, that may be what causes my recently-posted focusing issues with my RZ.

Also, to add to the list, my Mamiya C33 can be used for 220 by replacing the back door. Luckily, I have both back doors. It is the model that was around when they started introducing 220 capability into the C line, so not all C33s could do this. Later models, like yours, made it easier to switch between the two formats. A good thing to look for when considering the purchase of a C33 is a silver lever inset into the trim near the top right edge of the back door opening. The 220 back has a pin that depresses this lever to automatically set the film counter for 24 frames when you install the back door.
    Last edited by 2F/2F; 03-28-2009 at 04:51 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin