Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,993   Posts: 1,524,254   Online: 1010

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    In fact, what happens is : when I put the mask back into the back to prevent from expose the film, at the end of the roll, the stick is blocked by the mask in the rail. That's why it does not happen with other camera without mask system. The stick may be installed in a way easy to be blocked, whereas Fuji's one must not...

But I wont stop using Foma films because of the little inconvenient
    Aurelien, Analog Photographer

the analog place to be

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Looking at the product specs at Mamiya's web site, it seems that the the backs and inserts for the RB and RZ cameras are different and not interchangeable. The inserts all seem to be matched to the backs as well. Only 220 inserts with 220 backs and 120 inserts with 120 backs match up. The 645AFD uses a single magazine and insert for both 120 and 220. The 645AFD insert is adjustable by rotating the pressure plate. I don't know about the earlier models.
    Frank Schifano

Images
    "That really depends on the camera system. If the self adhesive strip is unrolled by a guide it will block the transport mechanism, which is a pitty...
    Also the most general TLR systems will not have any problem with it."

The self adhesive strip on the 120 rolls does get stuck on the pressure plate and does gum up my Rollei tlr cameras. I wish Foma would use the old style sealing strips.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by fschifano View Post
    Looking at the product specs at Mamiya's web site, it seems that the the backs and inserts for the RB and RZ cameras are different and not interchangeable. The inserts all seem to be matched to the backs as well. Only 220 inserts with 220 backs and 120 inserts with 120 backs match up. The 645AFD uses a single magazine and insert for both 120 and 220. The 645AFD insert is adjustable by rotating the pressure plate. I don't know about the earlier models.
    As posted earlier, all manual focus Mamiya 645s switch between 120 and 220 by switching inserts. In both the Mamiya M645 Super and the Mamiya M645 Pro the insert itself tells the camera (and film counter) which length film is installed. As far as I am aware, it works the same in all the other models.

As far as the C series Mamiya TLRs are concerned, it seems to vary by model. On my C330, I switch by rotating the pressure plate, and the film counter is automatically reset. On my C220, I switch by rotating the pressure plate and manually resetting the film counter.

If anyone would like to give me a Mamiya 6 or Mamiya 7, I'll report back .

Matt

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin