Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,605   Posts: 1,622,604   Online: 1212

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    We're very fortunate to have Tim Rudman as a member here. He will chime in occasionally on lith threads. If you sign up for his mailing list on his website, he will send you lith material updates every so often.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    First, buy ALL books by mr Rudman. IŽve lost count but IŽve read them back and forth at least a hundred times and I find "usefulies" every time. YouŽll get so much inspiration youŽll stress up how to get time to try it all...

No personal experience from Fotospeed Lith paper but as far as I can only conclude it is a Rolls Royce lith paper. Deep blacks at high dilutions, lovely warm and smooth texture in light tones and rough cold in dark dittos.
    ...but, there are alternatives. Many, these days and further might be on its way. Probably as good as Fotospeed.

From the non-discontinued, I personally favor Fomatone MG Classic as the current best lithable paper. No further comments needed, try it!
    Kentmere Fineprint Warmtone Finegrain is another one which I find giving similar results to the beloved, but discontinued, Forte Polywarmtone (currently discussed for re-branding under Adox name). Fantastic accentuated and even grains and strangely without the characteristic cold tones in the dark areas. A good option.

A great alternative for the color shy, IŽd also give a comment about Adox Vario Classic which is great for lith effects but mild on the colors. At high(er) temperatures at early snatch, the colors given are peachy/salmon and very...hm, very romantic. (?!) But, restrained and not even close to the ones mentioned above. Might come to bloom in toner but I have not tried yet.

In the end of the day it is really up to you and once in to the game there are so many variables and parameters to consider and the number of results are endless. And you must find what you like yourself.

Good luck!

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Slavich Unibrom also liths, but it's quite different - there's virtually no color or tone shift, meaning that it remains white.

Kentona has been very good for lith printing, but with Harman having cleaned out the Kentmere factory to take over production themselves, I frankly fear for Kentona's lith future. Ditto for Kentmere VC FB Warmtone.

Foma 131 and 132 fiber-based are great for lith, and perhaps surprisingly, so are their RC 332 and 333 papers. Beautiful sepia tones in Fotospeed LD20.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by laparn View Post
    A great alternative for the color shy, IŽd also give a comment about Adox Vario Classic which is great for lith effects but mild on the colors. At high(er) temperatures at early snatch, the colors given are peachy/salmon and very...hm, very romantic. (?!) But, restrained and not even close to the ones mentioned above. Might come to bloom in toner but I have not tried yet.
    Quoting myself...
    The statement of the Adox Vario Classic paper I made myself above is incorrect. We got a delivery about a year ago and neither the labelling or the boxes were as can be seen today. The marking on the boxes was a mix of different Adox variants stating "Classic" ang "G2" on the same box, why concluding it was a "classic" paper, i.e Vario Classic. Neither any data sheets included.
    Hm. It turned out to be Adox Nuance Warmton Fb G2 and not the Vario Classic as mentioned. Sorry! I wouldnŽt blame Adox ;-) but it was puzzling to determine the variant by the look of the packaging.

However, Adox Nuance Warmtone Fb is a great paper for the color shy. Try it and youŽd love the lith grain.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin