Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,977   Posts: 1,523,667   Online: 1191

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I suspect the answer was there and you were looking for justification.
    There are solutions. I don't shoot my 4x4 Yashica very much just because I have too many cameras with 120 film requirements and to go and respool 46mm film is too much of a hassle (although I have done it). I also don't like paying outrageous money for Efke 127 film when the C220 takes great pictures as does the the Yashica 635 etc, etc all on all sorts of different B&W and color film. As does the rb67 and M645. Get the idea?

But.. don't go blaming lack of film for wanting to ditch this orphan. There is film for it and it is a beautiful camera.

tim in san jose
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Wish I had money to buy it... oh well I don't really want to give in to GAS either

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by k_jupiter View Post
    I suspect the answer was there and you were looking for justification.
    There are solutions. I don't shoot my 4x4 Yashica very much just because I have too many cameras with 120 film requirements and to go and respool 46mm film is too much of a hassle (although I have done it). I also don't like paying outrageous money for Efke 127 film when the C220 takes great pictures as does the the Yashica 635 etc, etc all on all sorts of different B&W and color film. As does the rb67 and M645. Get the idea?

But.. don't go blaming lack of film for wanting to ditch this orphan. There is film for it and it is a beautiful camera.

tim in san jose

Tim

I really dont want to part with the camera but i cant see any reason to keep it. I have a TLR Mamiya C330f and im very happy with the optics and overall function of the camera. I also have a Speed Graphic 4x5 and i have several 35mm cameras with lenses that i enjoy and a ton of 35mm, 120 and 4x5 film. I enjoy shooting different cameras and formats but i cant seem to find a place for the Rolleiflex 4x4. Is the glass on the Rolleiflex special in anyway? Im trying to find a reason to choose a format that has only 2 film choices or the option of respooling, Its tough to justify the effort it will take to shoot the 4x4.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Look at MACO.
    http://macodirect.de/filme-maco-c-1_6_119.html

The OOD film is what I bought and it is fine. It is Efke 100. Keep it in the freezer.
    There is a minimum buy and the postage is reasonable even to Australia.
    I use it in the Yashica-44 which has, in common with the baby Rollie, much reduced size to carry round your neck v.v. the 120 versions.

Murray

Quote Originally Posted by J Rollinger View Post
    Tim

I really dont want to part with the camera but i cant see any reason to keep it. I have a TLR Mamiya C330f and im very happy with the optics and overall function of the camera. I also have a Speed Graphic 4x5 and i have several 35mm cameras with lenses that i enjoy and a ton of 35mm, 120 and 4x5 film. I enjoy shooting different cameras and formats but i cant seem to find a place for the Rolleiflex 4x4. Is the glass on the Rolleiflex special in anyway? Im trying to find a reason to choose a format that has only 2 film choices or the option of respooling, Its tough to justify the effort it will take to shoot the 4x4.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    The Maco UP100 in 127 for 10 rolls @ 16 euro has all gone. They still have plenty of 200 and EFKE R100 in 127. When I logged in my old order came up but later I clicked on it and was told they were sold out of that special. Sorry.
    Murray

Quote Originally Posted by Murray Kelly View Post
    Look at MACO.
    http://macodirect.de/filme-maco-c-1_6_119.html

The OOD film is what I bought and it is fine. It is Efke 100. Keep it in the freezer.
    There is a minimum buy and the postage is reasonable even to Australia.
    I use it in the Yashica-44 which has, in common with the baby Rollie, much reduced size to carry round your neck v.v. the 120 versions.

Murray

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Just for clarification,

That link by Murray leads to a type 127 200ASA outdated colour negative film. (Maco placed it under b&w...)

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Yes, it's a pity - it's the pointer I filed when I bought the 127 Maco UP100 and
    as I said later, my original order came up when I logged in. Didn't think to check it was/wasn't still available. :-(
    Look at the Efke film - there is 127 B&W 100 there but not such a bargain as I got.
    Sorry.
    Murray

Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    Just for clarification,

That link by Murray leads to a type 127 200ASA outdated colour negative film. (Maco placed it under b&w...)

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Also see
    http://www.fotoimpex.de/Home/films/e...ody_e-127.html

Cheaper a bit and I have dealt with them in the past, too. OK.

Murray

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by David William White View Post
    ....You can re-roll 35mm or the long roll 46mm film (which pops up on eBay regularly) and shoot indefinitely. With re-rolling 35mm, you'll get nice panoramic framing (mount camera horizontally on tripod!).
    Just noticed a long roll of Portra 160 46mm on eBay.... 280329389029

D.

DBP

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I would use it with the Efke IR 820. Plan on running a bunch of rolls through my Yashica 44 when the weather is nicer. TLRs are nice with strong filters. I miss the Macochrome, though. Interesting film.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin