Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,219   Posts: 1,532,249   Online: 802

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

Need film for Rolleiflex 4x4, Is it available?

I just picked up a Rolleiflex 4x4 and was wondering if film is still available. I want to keep the camera and shoot it but if i cant get film for it i guess i will have to put it up for sale. Please say there is still film available! Its a cool little camera!

Thanks

JPD
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Yes, Efke R100 is still available in 127.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by J Rollinger View Post
    I just picked up a Rolleiflex 4x4 and was wondering if film is still available. I want to keep the camera and shoot it but if i cant get film for it i guess i will have to put it up for sale. Please say there is still film available! Its a cool little camera!

Thanks
    you are in an IMpossible situation. Allow me to help by relieving you of that camera.
    John, Mount Vernon, Virginia USA

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Here's a link for the 127 film.

Freestyle Photo

Not affiliated with Freestyle, but they do good work there, so I like to support them with a plug when I can.

- Thomas
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    There is also still a colour negative film as type 127 on offer:

http://www.frugalphotographer.com/cat127.htm

And you could try to convert yourself a type 120 film to type 127.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thank you to everyone for your replies to my post and thank you for the links! Im shocked to see the shutter working! I set the shutter on 1 second because thats where they tend to run slow and to my surprise it seemed exact! Im very upset about the lack of 127 film and i dont want to cut other film down , So i might go to the classified section for sale or trade. Thanks for the help!

Shooter
    35mm RF
    The color film from Frugal Photographer is ready to use, no cutting-down needed. Same with the Efke from Freestyle.

The color film is really Kodak Portra 160NC in the 46mm long roll size for school portrait cameras, which they load onto paper and spools bought elsewhere.

That said, there's sure a much wider selection of films for 120-size cameras.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    If you try it out with Efke or Bluefire, keep the spools and backing paper. The lab tech can return these to you, no extra trouble. You can re-roll 35mm or the long roll 46mm film (which pops up on eBay regularly) and shoot indefinitely. With re-rolling 35mm, you'll get nice panoramic framing (mount camera horizontally on tripod!).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Unfortunately, I don't believe that there are any transparency films in 127 anymore. Those super-slides looked wonderful.
    Charles Hohenstein

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I almost went to my basement to spool some 35mm slide film or 120 since i have a load of it but then i decided i didnt want to go through the trouble, So i decided to list the camera in the classifieds for sale or trade. I really did want to keep the camera but i cant get kb25 or tmy2 in 127 so i guess it will have to find a new home.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin