Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,771   Posts: 1,516,531   Online: 811

Shooter
    35mm

Long-expired Delta 3200

I recently shot a roll of Ilford Delta 3200 that expired in 2006. I bought it last year and immediately stuck in in the freezer.

I'm surprised at how well the images appear, at least as far as scans show. I had heard this film ages poorly and will be foggy. Am I not seeing the fog? This image, for example, looks fine to me.

Note - I shot the film at ASA 1000, and developed it in Xtol (stock) as if shot at ASA 1600 with minimal agitation.
    In life you only get one great dog, one great car, and one great woman. Pet the dog. Drive the car. Make love to the woman. Don't mix them up.

DLM
    Shooter
    35mm
    Haven't tried the Delta 3200, but I recently picked up a bunch of Tmax 3200 that expired in '06 and it's coming out foggy unfortunately. It's not too bad, but enough so that I need at least a 3-1/2 or 4 filter for most images.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You will have fog - it's unavoidable. That doesn't mean that you can't get decent results. Freezing helps minimize the fog (although it can't eliminate it).
    Jim MacKenzie - Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

A bunch of Nikons; Feds, Zorkis and a Kiev; Pentax 67-II (inherited from my deceased father-in-law); Bronica SQ-A; and a nice Shen Hao 4x5 field camera with 3 decent lenses that needs to be taken outside more. Oh, and as of mid-2012, one of those bodies we don't talk about here.

Favourite film: do I need to pick only one?

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin