Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,735   Posts: 1,515,461   Online: 1113

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Printfile preservers have always been considered safe for archival storage. Although stored in books, they still don't protect against moisture over time - I have had to clean negs with alcohol to remove light fungal stuff if kept in a humid environment - I also dumped the preservers.
    To answer about printing through, the back layer (behind the emulsion, which would face away from the viewer) is made of a thinner material, and works well for contact printing. Although it really isn't as sharp as a true contact (since it is slightly out of contact), if you use an enlarger to make the contacts, with the light focused on the film/paper, it's pretty hard to see the difference.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by nworth View Post
    I've seen two types of these pages - acetate and polypropylene. The acetate type is similar to the film base itself, and it should be very stable unless it is glued together. .
    I always wonder about Vinegar syndrome? if the film is in plastic, and it starts to break down, the plastic may hold the gases in and speed up the process. Any one have any idea if I am just being paranoyd as usual? (charles in the tin hat) :rolleyes:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin