Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,990   Posts: 1,524,183   Online: 1104

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Please help me.... Acros 100 N+2, Rodinal or HC110

I have just started shooting after 35 years of death, ooops, I mean working.... I have to develop some Acros 100 (shot at 80) and I can use either HC110 or Rodinal, two developers I have on hand while travelling. Can ANYONE help me with how to develop the film?

Thanks all!

Marek

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Just out of curiosity, why would you need N+2 development if you overexposed the film by a third of a stop?

I use HC110 with Acros, shot at box speed and developed for 6.5 minutes in 1+63 dilution. I have some Rodinal as well, but I have had such good success with HC110 that I have never attempted to develop my Acros with it.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I develop Acros in Rodinal 1:50 20C for 12 minutes for N development. I usually expose at 80, but I tend to be generous on exposure and round up so I am probably closer to 64. For N+1, I develop 14 minutes. I don't have an N+2 written down (not sure if I've done it before with that combination), but I suspect that 16.5 or 17 minutes would be about right. I've never done any real testing with this combo, but just figured on an extra 15-20% development per "+" and it always comes out well enough for my taste.

Shooter
    35mm
    Poohblah: N+2 development refers to increasing the contrast range by 2 stops, thus taking a low contrast scene and making it 'normal'
    syzygy_moi: I'd suggest you do some tests with the film, start with giving more agitation with rodinal and longer development, or same agitation and even longer development, or with HC110 increase the development. I'm not sure how much because nobody else shares the same 'n' as you.

Ben

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thanks all! I'll try Mark Fisher's times for a roll and then adjust. Will be doing testing once I get back home.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I tried acros once, developed in rodinal 1+25 (5 min). Here are some samples:

http://darkosaric.deviantart.com/art...se-3-110093282
    http://darkosaric.deviantart.com/art...ik-1-110093373

Negative looked little thin, but it was okay on paper.

Images
    My standard development for Acros (at least so far) is Rodinal 1+100 for 18 min @ 68F for 120 film (if that makes any difference).

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin