Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,592   Posts: 1,546,085   Online: 931

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Mirko...... Thank you for the advance warning on the paper change. This is discouraging news indeed, the weight of the paper is certainly part of it's appeal. My silver paper and my potential Platinum paper gone!

It appears that there is no way for me to reserve this paper on J&C's web site. The order form will not accept backorders and the Classic Museum appears to be out of stock...... I would like to order a 100 sheets each of the 12x16 N & H if that is possible... I have no idea of the keeping qualities of the paper so I am reluctant to order large volumes but the 100 sheets of each will see me through my next small project.

Good luck with the paper manufacturer! If they happen to indicate that some of the uncoated 320 paper stock is sitting idle..... Grab it for my Platinum project!!!

Cheers Annie

Annie,

I´ll order it for you in the factory. 100 hard, 100 normal. 40x50 cm

Unfortunately the paper makers never have paper sitting around or in stock.
    That´s the part of the probelm. If they were keeping a stock everybody could buy from it and overall quantites would be reasonable.
    Rather they turn everyone down and always ask for complete factory runs.
    They need eneourmoue quantites and then don´t want to store it.
    A papermill only makes money if it is constantly producing paper day and night. Even offering them more money does not help.
    The base is cheap compared to the price of the coated paper but only if made in hundreds of tonns.

BUT the new base will not be 180 (standard double weight) but 280. So it will still be heavier than most other papers.
    I hope your work can be continued on 280g without too many problems.

Mirko

Mirko.... the Museum comes in 30x40cm (12x16). Thank you for taking the time to assist me, I appreciate it. It is good to know the information about paper production, you have saved me the time & trouble of pursuing an unobtainable outcome with the uncoated stock.

Cheers Annie

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin