Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,934   Posts: 1,585,600   Online: 645

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I am just wondering what developers will secure the most neutral tone with the Classic Museum Chlorobromide (J&C compares this paper to the Bergger Prestige CB Art).

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Annie, I haven't used this paper, yet. But the Bergger VC CB is my favorite enlarging paper. It is my understanding that it is the VC version of the paper in question. If so, it is a gorgeous paper. In Zone VI paper developer, it gives a nice warm tone, similar to Agfa MC Classic but richer. In Michael Smith's Amidol formula, it is quite a bit cooler. Hope this helps.
    Paul Hamann

Shooter
    Large Format
    I would also add that the coolness or warmth of a paper developer can be adjusted (within limits) by the addition of Benzatriazole or Potassium Bromide. The Benzatriazole will cool things down and the Potassium Bromide will warm things up.

Thanks for your help..... Annie

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    What dnmilikan said. Also, most paper developers tend to "warm up" the image as they age. So if you wanted to warm up a neutral or cold print you could use aged developer. But if you want to keep the image as neutral as possible you should use the freshest developer and a longish dev. time. A short Dev. time will also tend to produce a warmer image because the development has not gone to completion.
    Probably most of the developers still available at the camera stores will produce a good neatral tone if used correctly. If you are mixing your own then what dnmilikan is very important, but the two that are probably best known as neutral-tone developers are Ansco 130 and Dektal
    huh?

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    As far as the Smith's Amidol formula goes I often add 5 times the Pottasium Bromide(10ml/liter) and what a difference. It yields the most beautiful warm tone.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've used this paper quite a bit, and when I need a more neutral tone, Edwal Ultra Black works fine, and for great warm tone try Agfa Neutal WA.

Annie,

I can give you a whole list of developers which we recomend but I am afraid it won´t help because they are not available in the US.
    But since Europeans read in here too I might as well go ahead....
    Our standard is N113 from Calbe which is also very stable and simple to use. I think JandC will include this developer soon because it is a powder dev. and can be shipped easily.
    Best results are achieved with a two dish development in a combination from Tetenal Dokumol and Centrabrom. Whereas you develop first for the lights in Centrabrom and then pull down the blacks in Documol.
    Moersch has also a blue developer out and makes a blue additive (like someone above recomended you).
    The SEPAROL series from Moersch and the VGT developier tool kit allow you to actually control the image tone over all possible shades from brown to blue.

We will stock up some of these specialties soon at JandC.

Regards from Berlin,

Mirko
    www.fotoimpex.de

Mirko,

This is indeed a superb paper and I am pleased to know that there will be additional developers available from J&C.

I have also been stripping the emulsion from the Classic Museum for use in Platinum/Paladium printing with results that I find promising due to the bright white smooth surface and the good wet strength. I have recently send some of the stripped stock to another printer for testing and I am assuming that his evaluation will be positive.

It would be of great value to us if we could obtain some of the uncoated stock of this paper for further testing to evaluate it's true potential for platinum printing. Any assistance or advice you could provide in this matter would be sincerely appreciated. Feel free to PM me off forum.

Regards,

Annie

Annie,

I have bad news for you.
    The factory who makes the photopaper for us has announced last year that they cannot produce on 320g anymore because the base is not made by the papermill anymore.

We have already contacted the paper makers (base paper) and are trying to resolve the issue but they speak in order volumes where even fotoimpex has to stretch the wings.

The last word is not yet spoken but I am afraid that we wil have to go down to 280g from may on.

Let me know if you want to stock up because this is the last week where we can actually place orders for museum weight which get confirmed.

Regards from Berlin,

Mirko

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin