Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,952   Posts: 1,586,004   Online: 785

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Coldest paper?

Shooter
    35mm RF
    WOuld that be Nelsons Gold Toner or another gold toner? I have MGWT on hand so that could do it.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    A direct gold toner is what you need. Tetenal make a good one. The Photographers' Formulary sells a kit for one called 231 that would also do what you want.

I haven't used Nelson's Gold toner but I'm pretty sure it will give brown tones.
    Matt Gorringe

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Nelsons Gold Toner does indeed give brown tones. Tetenal gold toner is very good. When fresh it gives robust colour shifts on warm tone papers in under 10 minutes. It is also long lasting. Highly recommended.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrian Twiss View Post
    Nelsons Gold Toner does indeed give brown tones. Tetenal gold toner is very good. When fresh it gives robust colour shifts on warm tone papers in under 10 minutes. It is also long lasting. Highly recommended.
    Adrian,
    Off topic, to be sure: but what is Wigan Pier; what is the road to it? And should I try to find George Orwell's essay "The Road to Wigan Pier?"
    John, Mount Vernon, Virginia USA

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Forte Polygrade in Tetenal Dokumol is my favourite for blue/black shadows. Unfortunately Polygrade's no longer available. As already stated Tetenal Gold Toner does a great job of imparting a cool tone on Fomatone paper and a really quite bright blue for lith prints made on Foma Chamois or Nature.
    My website: Light Work

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Anscojohn View Post
    Adrian,
    Off topic, to be sure: but what is Wigan Pier; what is the road to it? And should I try to find George Orwell's essay "The Road to Wigan Pier?"
    John

Wigan Pier is entirely unsurprising. It consists of two rails that point straight up at end of a landing stage. It was used to load coal on to barges. You pushed your coal truck up the rails and it tipped the coal into the barge. Damned hard work. I have never read Orwell's essay but I'm pretty sure coal loading doesn't get a mention.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin