Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,057   Posts: 1,611,215   Online: 836

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm RF

Pyrocat-HD two bottles

With Diafine, I know I have to be ultra careful not to get any solution B into solution A. Do I have to be careful about anything with Pyrocat-HD? I ask because I use two syringes to put my A and B solutions into the mixing beaker, but I now don't know which syringe was A and which was B (labels can no longer be read).

In fact, would I be ok to use just 1 syringe?

Thanks

Images
    Rinse out the syringes and make new labels.
    Gadget Gainer

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Adding to Pat's comment, it's not OK to use just one syringe. Pyrocat-HD's A stock solution can rapidly go off if contaminated with the B solution.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I am lazy- I use one syringe to draw off 10ml of A, then rinse by putting the syringe into the water and pull the plunger back and forth a few times to rinse. Ten I draw off the B, 20mL , and then rinse in clear water the same way a few times so the syringe is clean enoygh for A the nerxt time around. I believe that my A and B are to make a 500mL working solution; this is from memory here at work.

My B metaborate has never gone totally to a dissolved state in solution, so I shake it vigorously immediately prior to drawing from it. The suspended precipitates alway dissolve once it is in the working solution.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I use 2 syringes and never contaminated them. Stick with what works. I'll second the rinse and relabel. It's not worth the risk.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by jordanstarr View Post
    I use 2 syringes and never contaminated them. Stick with what works. I'll second the rinse and relabel. It's not worth the risk.
    Another option, get some nail polish, colour doesn't matter, you can probably borrow some if you don't have any (wife, GF, sister, etc), on one syringe put a ring around just below where the plunger goes in. Will not wash off, and once you remember that solution A is the one with the red ring, your all set.
    Paul Schmidt
    See my Blog at http://clickandspin.blogspot.com

The greatest advance in photography in the last 100 years is not digital, it's odourless stop bath....

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I use graduated cylinders, not syringes, so i never put anythig into the stocks. Tworse that can hapen is I ruin one working solution by using the same graduate for both, which I do not.
    Bill

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Wilde View Post
    .My B metaborate has never gone totally to a dissolved state in solution, so I shake it vigorously immediately prior to drawing from it. The suspended precipitates alway dissolve once it is in the working solution.
    If the Metaborate never totally dissolves is because you go to fast in mixing it. I dissolve it (tea-) spoon by spoon in demin. water, at roomtemp., and stir well, it does take some time... This solution is rather thicker then water, a little like fine olive oil.

Philippe
    "...If you can not stand the rustle of the leafs, then do not go in to the woods..."
    (freely translated quote by Guido Gezelle)

PS: English is only my third language, please do forgive me my sloppy grammar...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm happy with 2 pipettes and a pipette pump for each. Not excessively expensive, accurate and easy to use. I rinse each out in distilled water after each use.

Regards - Ross

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I have used two syringes marked A and B with permanent marker for over 2 years, rinsing well after use, and kept in a plastic beaker. Still in excellent condition.
    Lyn Arnold

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin