Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,903   Posts: 1,521,217   Online: 1107

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Rodinal at 1:150. Develop by inspection under a RED safelight. About 7-8 minutes seems to work well when the film is shot at ISO 5. This will give you continous tone negs (shot in camera) with incredible acutance and virtually grainless.
    Rick Jason.
    "I'm still developing"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM-25 View Post
    Anyone try this film in a pinhole?

I am about to order it in 20 x 24 for contact printing...
    LOTS of people use this in pinholes.

Just remember that it is an ortho film, and that it is slow.

Good options for continuous tone developers that I have personally used are David Soemarko's LC-1 and HC-110 (or Ilford HC) used one shot at high dilution. I have not tried Rodinal, but it would probably work great as well.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Cool,

Thanks for the answers. I need slow film for this project. We ordered a pack of 20 x 24 and a roll of 24 inch x 100 foot Arista Ortho-Litho II.

The pinhole we are using is tack sharp from about 5 foot and beyond, we figure it is around F/640. We were shooting it for a few years with R3 reversal paper ( ISO 3 ) and with that it was pulling 15-30 lines per millimeter as a rough guess just by sight just on the print.

The camera easily handles 24 x 48 although it is not totally sharp across the entire plane. But this is not supposed to be a high res thing, just an effect thing.....

Pretty darn fun.
    Last edited by PKM-25; 05-09-2009 at 12:07 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin