Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,727   Posts: 1,515,078   Online: 1148

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Night Clarity

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    The fastest film in low light conditions is Fuji Acros. It has no reciprocity departure for 120 seconds.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Films NOT Dead - Just getting fixed![/FONT]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Pragmatist View Post
    ...--which ticks me off that B&H won't ship. Guess I will just have to make a clone out of bulk from PF...
    Adorama will ship, and the prices are about the same as B&H. http://www.adorama.com
    Frank Schifano

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PHOTOTONE View Post
    Neopan 400 (in 35mm) has been my film of choice for available light night photography. I highly recommend it if you can get it in the size you need. I develop it in D-76 1+1.
    I'd agree with this...it's a nice combo.
    I also remember a few years back my teacher for the night photo course I took had us use a second bath part way through development...something to control the highlights she said. What that bath was my brain just won't cough up. Sorry!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Well, a warm water stop bath could tame the highlights a tad. Maybe a really dilute second dev bath would be beneficial as well. Anyway neopan can handle quite lot of subject brightness range- one of the reasons why it came to mind for night stuff. It's also fast enough that reciprocity probably won't be an issue for most purposes.
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin