Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,303   Posts: 1,536,260   Online: 791

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I cannot be sure, but I think there is an error. You can't really get a decent push with such a small time difference. But, I may be wrong. I did give you figures from the older book from about 2004 or 2006 so it may not relate to the newer film. But, misteakes do happenize .

Best of luck.

PE

Shooter
    35mm

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    I cannot be sure, but I think there is an error. You can't really get a decent push with such a small time difference. But, I may be wrong. I did give you figures from the older book from about 2004 or 2006 so it may not relate to the newer film. But, misteakes do happenize .

Best of luck.

PE
    I appreciate the info. I've scanned the film and despite how the negs looked, they are useable. Funny too - this roll has a pink cast to it, while one I developed last week with the same time and temps looks normal.

My next roll will be developed 11.5 minutes. I will let you know how it comes out.
    In life you only get one great dog, one great car, and one great woman. Pet the dog. Drive the car. Make love to the woman. Don't mix them up.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfeye View Post
    I appreciate the info. I've scanned the film and despite how the negs looked, they are useable. Funny too - this roll has a pink cast to it, while one I developed last week with the same time and temps looks normal.

My next roll will be developed 11.5 minutes. I will let you know how it comes out.
    Funnily enough, I dev'd a roll of TMY400 (old formulation) pushed to 1600 just yesterday - before I'd read this thread of course! They look rather underexposed, but I can't actually remember when the roll dates from or what I was trying to achieve - I just found it in my 'pile of stuff I've shot but obviously didn't care enough to do anything with' with "PUSH TO 1600" scrawled on the side, so no judgements can really be made...

Anyway, I have a folder of datasheets for the films I use - the one I have for TMX/TMY is "F-4016: Kodak Professional T-Max Films" (February 2004,) and the times in that appear to be in agreement with yours: Viz. 6.5 mins in XTOL normal, 7.25 mins one stop push, 8.5 mins two stop push.

Personally I used HC110 dil B, but the times are very similar (6 mins rated, 6 mins one stop push (!), 8.5 mins two stop push.)

All the recommendations in the datasheet follow a similar pattern - e.g. for a VERSAMAT Model 11 roller-transport processor the recommended machine speeds are 5.5 ft/minute at ISO400, 5.5 ft/minute push one stop, 4.5 ft/minute push two stops.

I'm thinking the baseline recommendations in those TMX/TMY datasheets take a rather optimistic view of the film's latitude with normal development .

Oh, and to get rid of that pink cast - fix, fix and fix again. I fix TMX/TMY for a good 50% more than "necessary" to lose the pink stain, although I've no evidence that it does any harm if you don't.
    Another day goes under; a little bourbon will take the strain...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin