Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,568   Posts: 1,573,499   Online: 685

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Developing in Rotary processor

I have a Paterson rotary processor, which includes a thermostatic water bath , that works really well for colour printing but I often get a problem with BW developer where it oxidises so badly that I get silver precipitating over the paper as a black deposit , which partially washes off.
    I use the dev once only and have even gone as far as replacing stop and fixer on each run but the problem returns , though intermittently. Anyone have any ideas as to how to remedy this ?

Thanks CJB
    Hmm- Wonder if she'd notice if I bought that :)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I would suggest giving it a run with ansco 130 as the developer. The glycin is resistant to aerial fogging, and it still develops well (even though slower than a HQ developer, but you could use your water bath to speed things up a bit.

I use 130 in my roller transport when I want to mass print b&w for a day or two. I disable the heater circuit, and the heat given off by the drive mechanism keeps the tanks at 24C. B&W processes just fine at the RA-4 speed of 45 seconds per tank. I go with a TF4 rapid fixer at film strength for the fixer tank, and the paper is fixed in 45 seconds as well.
    my real name, imagine that.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin