Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,266   Posts: 1,534,322   Online: 799

Shooter
    Multi Format

MACOPHOT ORT 25C BLACK AND WHITE FILM 35mm

this stuff has turned up on ebay uk has anybody used it for conventional photography and is it problematic processing it.
    thanks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Best results you will have with a low contrast document developer. E.g. Rollei Low Contrast (RLC).
    1+4 - 1+6 dillution.
    The same developer you can use on Rollei Advance Technical Pan (ATP1.1).

Best regards,

Robert

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I've used it. The only things about it I find particularly worthwhile about it are its very fine grain, and its diminished red sensitivity. For certain portraiture applications, this orthopanchromatic character looks distinctive. As for grain, I'm not convinced it has much finer grain than TMAX 100. Also, I found that it tends to curl vigorously, and to be prone to small flakes and flaws in the emulsion.

I have a roll or two left; I have no intention of buying more when those are gone.
    Michael Sebastian
    Website | Blog

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I developed it using a 2 stage development process in Rodinal [I found it by searching online]. I can't remember the exact details.

I wasn't sufficiently impressed to use it again. Fine grain and an interesting tonality -- some of the shots I took had a sort of 'metallic' look to them -- but not worth the hassle to me, I'm afraid. I find Acros normally gives me fine enough grain.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    thanks..
    what about diafine,this guy is using it.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/modular...407266/detail/

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by alan doyle View Post
    thanks..
    what about diafine,this guy is using it.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/modular...407266/detail/

1. guy's results speak for themselves.

2. he needs to be a member of APUG- anyone Sprechen Sie Deutsch?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    If it's the same as Rollei Ortho25, I processed it in Rodinal 1:50 for 10min @ 20˚C. Came out beautifully. Wonderful film, and worth every penny.
    If the lens doesn't read "ZEISS", then it just isn't.

I tried this stuff in 2004.
    Time flies,you cannot,they fly too fast.
    It had resolution similar to microfilm.
    Landscapes came out OK,there is still good seperation between white clouds and blue sky.EI=8
    Pics of a suntanned model came out very dark.I have seen this used to creative effect but mine was not very good.EI=12
    Maco Ort 25 Develop Rodinal 1:100 7m 20C agitate 10s on each minute.

cmo
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    It seems this film is not available any more, probably some remaining stock. As far as I remember it was really, really orthochromatic, e.g. completely blind for red light. That would make "conventional photography" look uncommon. Especially in portraits, lips and complexion will look strange.
    For general purpose "conventional photography" you are probably better off with a standard film made by Kodak or Fuji.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It seems this film is not available any more
    Ortho 25 is a product from Filmotec (former OrWo) in Wolfen, Germany. This film is still on the market under the new Maco brand: Rollei-Maco Ortho 25 and is recommended to develop in Rollei's low contrast document developer: R.L.C. (Rollei Low Contrast). The film is available in 35mm, 120 roll film and several diffent sizes sheet film (4x5", 8x10" etc.).

Best regards,

Robert

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin