Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,908   Posts: 1,584,645   Online: 861

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by gainer View Post
    I just escaped from the dungeon of the photographic demon. I found that the following are reasonable substitutes for the standard Pyrocat B solution:

1) 100 grams Kodalk (sodium metaborate) + 30 grams potassium hydroxide or 21.4 grams sodium hydroxide + water to make 1 liter.
    2) 69 grams borax + 50 grams KOH or 36 grams NaOH + water to make 1 liter.
    Thank you,
    But what is the dilution for use, 1:X:100?

Philippe
    "...If you can not stand the rustle of the leafs, then do not go in to the woods..."
    (freely translated quote by Guido Gezelle)

PS: English is only my third language, please do forgive me my sloppy grammar...

Images
    Use it like the carbonate solution, but please do a test film before you do anything precious.
    Gadget Gainer

Shooter
    Large Format
    I weigh out the Pot. Carbonate each time I make up some working solution and add it to the water first. After letting the bubbles that it releases disperse, I add solution A. Adding the borax to the water will raise the water temp about a degree C, so compensate accordingly.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thank you all. Have made some notes for future reference.

Lyn Arnold

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin