Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,222   Posts: 1,532,358   Online: 1117

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Developer - Revisited

"Of all the discoveries I have made, NONE were the result of rational thought."
    - Albert Einstein

In "wringing out" Arista Premium 400 I noticed a bottle of developer I had used, opened in the year 2001; Alta's Zonal Pro Gamma Plus. On a sheer whim... I had trouble in opening the bottle ... I mixed it 1:20 and developed the Tri -- oops ... Arista for 13 minutes @ 20 C in the JOBO.

The results were fabulous! Beautiful tonal scale, contrast.... an aesthetically pleasing (to me) grain structure - all from what might have been oxidized developer (note: Eight (8) years!). Does this stuff improve over time, like wine?!?
    ... And the film was exposed a box speed - ISO 400.

In any event, Gamma Plus will see much more use.

Anyone else have experience/ knowledge of what "type" of developer - anything else about Gamma+ ?
    Carpe erratum!!

Ed Sukach, FFP.

Images
    Maybe it IS oxidized. The name "Gamma Plus" might mean that if it had not mellowed over the years, you would have gotten chalk and charcoal.
    Gadget Gainer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have tried Gamma Plus.
    A while back I was out of developer so I stopped at a local camera store/lab on the way home. That is all they stocked and the owner of the store swears by it and told me to try it as he was sure I would like it.

I was really impressed by the tonal range and apparent sharpness. I used for Arista Edu Ultra and Fuji Acros and the results were superb.

I think it is classified as an accutance developer

Shooter
    35mm
    Last edited by BetterSense; 04-10-2009 at 06:08 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: wrongly posted

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin