Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,553   Posts: 1,544,929   Online: 862

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    It's a great combo, the film is pretty awesome. I switched a few years back after some issues I was having with HP-5, and I haven't looked back. I shoot 120 mainly, some 4x5 and 810. I've been shooting 35mm lately too, it's as sharp as most medium speed films. I get an EI of 400, develop 2:2:100 for 7.5 min @ 72.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    15 minutes would really fry my negatives. My normal time with the old TMY was 11 minutes at 70 degrees and the new stuff is at least 1 stop contrastier.

Those of you who've shot this film in 120: have you noticed any effects from the dreaded anti-UV backing in the base? I was told that this was to be added to the production run. (but only for 120 and not sheet film).

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by c6h6o3 View Post
    Those of you who've shot this film in 120: have you noticed any effects from the dreaded anti-UV backing in the base? I was told that this was to be added to the production run. (but only for 120 and not sheet film).
    I've noticed a blue tinge in 120 negative scans but it doesn't seem to have any effect when printing. Converting the scan to grayscale does away with it.
    Semper Fi & God Bless America
    My Photography Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by sanking View Post
    Michael,

I meter with BTZS incident type metering, i.e. exposure is based on one single shadow value reading, but effective film speed is doubled. So I rate TMY at EI 800 and expose based on the single shadow value reading. With this procedure I get more than enough exposure in open shadows.

One could also take a shadow value incident reading, and one in the highlights, and average the two, using box film speed. However, my main concern is to not lose any open shadow detail so I take the meter to the shadows and read there.

Sandy
    I'll try metering a negative like that soon. I haven't shot in a while, so it'll be a good excuse. I have not tried that method before. I may have to read up on it a bit. I'm using the good old place zone III in the shadow w/detail, hold the highlights, etc...
    Michael Slade

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin