Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,770   Posts: 1,484,234   Online: 1024

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format
    I spent the day processing film from my trip northwest and back. Since I had some Bergger BPF 200 left over from awhile back I thought that I would use it up. If this isn't the worlds worst film it has to be a close second. This stuff will not build density. I shot it at 100 and processed in Pyrocat 2-2-100 (these are 4X5 negatives for enlarging) and I still can not build any density range with it. God if I had anymore left over I would pay someone to take it off my hands. Never, and I mean never again!!!!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Don, I still have 30+ rolls of Ilford 50 speed 120 that I would'nt give to an enemy. Not having used your problem film I have no comparison but I certainley understand your frustration.
    Stop trying to get into my mind, There is nothing there!

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Pan F could be notorious for picking up marks in processing-nice tonality though. I've used BPF 200 in PMK/ metol 2 bath and it's lovely. Maybe your PCat was a bit off?
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    The worst I have ever used is Shanghai GP3 100. Sent to me by a buddy working in China. The emulsion has bits of crud embedded and the quality no matter what developer I used was really bad. Second in this category is another Chinese film called SHD-100, little better but not much.

- Mike

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Dog
    Pan F could be notorious for picking up marks in processing-nice tonality though. I've used BPF 200 in PMK/ metol 2 bath and it's lovely. Maybe your PCat was a bit off?
    I thought that too but I developed some Classic 200 in the same developer and had no problems. Bergger may work for normal contrast scenes but for scenes that require expansion it really sucks big time. Normally a film would be developed at 1-1-100 for enlarging...I was developing at the mixture that would be used for contact printing on Azo and it wouldn't get to a decent negative for enlarging. For a negative that requires expansion or a higher density range, my experience is that it doesn't come close.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    I've been using BPF 200 for at least a year now and have had no problems building density with it. In fact, you could study the Sun with some of my negatives. I did try some of that Pyrocat HD with an arista film and had no shadow density at all.**** After looking through my notes I have realized that it was not pyrocat hd that I tried. It was something else with Pyrocat.
    huh?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Embedded crud notwithstanding, surely Max Gold 200....

"What Would Zeus Do?"
    KBPhotoRantPhotoPermitAPUG flickr Robot

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Kodak Tmax 400 is pretty nasty.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomassauerwein
    Don, I still have 30+ rolls of Ilford 50 speed 120 that I would'nt give to an enemy. Not having used your problem film I have no comparison but I certainley understand your frustration.
    So what are you going to do with them? Sounds like something I'd have fun playing with.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Hmm...

I've never heard of any of these other entries, but I always thought "Endless Love" was the worlds worst film. :whistle:
    Latent Images Plastic Toy Cameras

"Don't ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive and go do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive" - Howard Thurman

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin