Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,901   Posts: 1,584,494   Online: 988

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I’d swear that I’ve stumbled into the Mother Of All Hair Splitting forums. That’s MOAHS for all of you acrymonious types out there.

Going back for a moment to the “glitche” discussion,...the correct spelling is giclée. It’s pronounced “gee-clay” and it’s an upscaled term for inkjet print. It means “to spray water”(as in between the teeth). I guess “inkjet” just didn’t sound refined enough for all of the self appointed Grand Poobahs in the ART WORLD.

Them's digitals gone and got themselve's Bonafied!!! (fade in the dualing banjoes theme song from Deliverance; cut to a scene where we see an inbred looking brute, with a shiny new digital Rebel around his neck. Kneeling in front of him, looking rather distraught, is some poor schmuck pathetically clutching his fully manual,...and heavy "view camera". We hear the goon behind him say "squeal like a piggy!...fade to black.

But I digress.

lee
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Then he says, "That's a mighty fine camera you got there boy." or words to that effect.

lee\c

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Paddy
    I’d swear that I’ve stumbled into the Mother Of All Hair Splitting forums. That’s MOAHS for all of you acrymonious types out there.
    Hah! You read my mind. In a way, it is refreshing to see a discussion so enmeshed in minutia. Makes me feel better about some of my errant ramblings, where I've chosen some really obscure idea to bring to the light.
    Carpe erratum!!

Ed Sukach, FFP.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Now Ed, it is it minutia or minutiae? I can't seem to remember if we were discussing more than one thing....

And have you ever tried to split a hair? It is much harder than it sounds.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I replied to a single subject: *A* forum enmeshed ... therefore singular - and "minutia".

Kind of redundantly repetitive, no?
    Carpe erratum!!

Ed Sukach, FFP.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by clay

And have you ever tried to split a hair? It is much harder than it sounds.
    So what does a hair splitting sound like? I would have thought it soft and whispery, but you say it is a hard sound, which I would have thought went with baldness, so now I am intrigued.

- Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Actually, I've seen a demonstration of hair splitting accomplished with a Wilkinson Sword blade from a safety razor (their British you know) :Zzz:

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Well, I don't know about all that. But on the ranch I've seen a lot of hare
    splitting - a whole different animal I suppose... :whistle:
    Latent Images Plastic Toy Cameras

"Don't ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive and go do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive" - Howard Thurman

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin