Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,727   Posts: 1,515,173   Online: 967

Shooter
    Multi Format

fantastic vintage polaroid clip...

sorry guys if this has already been listed,but this is really super.
    a well made ad with great photography.
    and seems to be appealing to a more sophisticated crowd.
    not many adverts today would quote Edward Steichen.
    and a product and technology that was quite fantastic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jaiq_ZZ_eM

Shooter
    Instant Films
    I saw it a few weeks ago for the first time... it's such a trip down memory lane! I also bought a used one recently... LOL!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    This is not just advertising - it is a work of art by Ray and Charles Eames. Music by Elmer Bernstein. Another masterpiece is "Toccata for Toy Trains":

www.youtube.com/watch?v=67TkthpPrrE

Enjoy!

j-fr

www.j-fr.dk

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I can't remember to have ever seen any Polaroid commercial here in those days.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It certainly does its job as it makes you want to go out and find an SX-70!

-----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by j-fr View Post
    This is not just advertising - it is a work of art by Ray and Charles Eames. Music by Elmer Bernstein. Another masterpiece is "Toccata for Toy Trains":

www.youtube.com/watch?v=67TkthpPrrE

Enjoy!

j-fr

www.j-fr.dk
    You're forgetting part 1 of 2 of this Toy Train film:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5p9EMdXRsU

Great film by the way, that one of Polaroid SX 70.
    My website

"The nineteenth century began by believing that what was reasonable was true, and it wound up by believing that what it saw a photograph of, was true." - William M. Ivins Jr.

"I don't know, maybe we should disinvent color, and we could just shoot Black & White." - David Burnett in 1978

"Analog is chemistry + physics, digital is physics + math, which ones did you like most?"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Here's another small funny Polaroid Ad with a rather famous British actor if I am not mistaking:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbRxnWqoR1o

Note the "lasting colors" remark as well

Marco
    My website

"The nineteenth century began by believing that what was reasonable was true, and it wound up by believing that what it saw a photograph of, was true." - William M. Ivins Jr.

"I don't know, maybe we should disinvent color, and we could just shoot Black & White." - David Burnett in 1978

"Analog is chemistry + physics, digital is physics + math, which ones did you like most?"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    [QUOTE=j-fr;782605]This is not just advertising - it is a work of art by Ray and Charles Eames. Music by Elmer Bernstein.

thats fantastic, i must have great taste.
    i have some eames 50s furniture and now i am a fan of them as film makers.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Can you read between the lines?

Can you read between the lines?

"This is a site about Film Photography, this is REAL Photography, not digital photography. That doesn't mean that Film Photography is good, and digital photography is bad, but they are different...

Most of the cameras we use are old, and some are quite old. The reason for this is perhaps that in the more recent years we seem to have lost the knack of making real photos. Most old cameras have a direct and unembarrassed manner that give us a special kind of pleasure...

A pleasure different from the admiration we may feel for the perfect digital copy of the real thing. In a good old analog (view)camera there is apt to be nothing self conscious about the use of materials: what is wood is wood, what is metal is metal, what is cast is beautifully cast. It is possible that somewhere in all this, is a clue to what sets the creative climate of any time, including our own...

Anyway, let's take a close look at some real analog photography..."

Part 1:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5p9EMdXRsU

and part 2:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67TkthpPrrE

Marco
    Last edited by Marco B; 04-14-2009 at 03:51 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    My website

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin