Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,924   Posts: 1,585,018   Online: 1018

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I was first trained (in my very lame highschool darkroom) using Dektol for both film and paper developing. A 1:9 mix for film was our standard, though our teacher usually tried to talk us into stretching our chemicals out even further than that.

To be honest when I finally started off on my own and did some reading I was rather surprised that there actually WERE separate film developers out there. What a crazy world! My prints have never been the same - typically for the better, though I still enjoy the high-contrast look of my highschool prints.
    -dereck|james|gignac
    dereckjamesgignac.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Antony View Post
    I used Dektol to develop a roll of Tech pan in the 1980's where I needed only two tones black and white
    I seem to remember I rated the Tech pan at 250 but can't for the life of me remember the dilution or time for the Dektol (in those days I just gave it the time from the data sheet).
    I'll see if I can dig up the negs later...
    Mark
    mark

i used to do the same thing, techpan was the closest thing to
    kodalith film, after kodalith became hard to get.
    i seem to remember the instructions said to shoot at 250
    and process in dektol ( 1:2 ) for about 3 or 4 minutes ..
    but it was a while ago ...

Shooter
    Large Format
    Dektol is great when used as a film developer for push-processing of films 2 stops. (rate Tri-X or HP-5 @1600 / FP-4 @ 400) and process for 6.5-7 minutes @68 degrees using a normal Dektol working dilution of 1:2 (1 part Dektol : 2 parts Water).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    when i reversal process B&W film I use dektol 1:2 for the first developer as you really need the high contrast in the first developer. never tried it for straight neg development though,

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin