Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,813   Posts: 1,581,594   Online: 860

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kavandje View Post
    I'm going to have to source little dark brown bottles, aren't I? In this town?? Gah...
    I bought mine from an outfit in Chicago, USA called American Science and Supply.
    John, Mount Vernon, Virginia USA

Shooter
    Medium Format

And with Delta 3200....

Interesting thread this as I've had similar thoughts. I've been using APH09 to process Delta 3200 and have been very happy with the texture, accutance and sharp grain. The combination of film and dev is very 1950s, just what I'm after and to me even nicer than Rodinal. I worked out a dev time and dilution that worked after a bit of testing. (1+25 17mins I think.) The bottle I've been using is now several months old and every month or so I've processed about 10 rolls of film. (The bottle never seems to go down-they should start making whisky!) I always put one roll through first, 'just to check' and certainley for the last two batches I have had to reduce the dilution and increase the time to get similar results. I've stopped using this bottle now as the negs are not as strong and have gone back to Rodinal. However, I've been trying out some Foma 400 recentley and the Adox 09 is fine giving very bold and contrasty negatives and I suspect if I put through some TriX or HP5 that would work too. Now I know Rodinal and it's ancestors have the repution for longevity so I'm wondering if the apparent oxidation and reduction in it's strength is only noticeable with a film like Delta 3200 which requires one hell of a lot more development than most emulsions. Anyone else tried this combination at all?

Shooter
    Medium Format

PS

Oh and I should mention regarding the above post that the work I've been shooting is hand held night/city shots so the shadow detail is pretty weak to begin with.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin