Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,711   Posts: 1,548,649   Online: 1115

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

Cross processing... BW slides?

How do I take negative BW film and develop it as a positive BW slide?
    www.EASmithV.com

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."— Dorothea Lange
    http://www.flickr.com/easmithv/
    RIP Kodachrome

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    You develop it as normal, rinse/wash, then bleach it, then rinse, then pull it ou and hang it up to dry in light, then get it back onto the reel, develop again (no times for this, process to completion, ie you cant overdo it, just underdo it) and fix.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    So I develop as normal, NO FIXER, THEN bleach & rinse with clorox, hang to dry, Re-spool, bleach until something happens in clorox, develop again in daylight until it looks good, and fix?
    www.EASmithV.com

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."— Dorothea Lange
    RIP Kodachrome

Shooter
    35mm
    Not exactly, you don't use clorox, you don't hang to dry, but reexpose etc...
    The whole process can be found here.
    Btw, it's not the only method.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Are there any alternatives I can use for the bleach besides potassium permagnate and H2SO4? What about Lysol and stop bath?
    www.EASmithV.com

RIP Kodachrome

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    The pure Lysol completely strips all emulsion off the film, developed or not.
    www.EASmithV.com

RIP Kodachrome

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have often wondered if E-6 Reversal Bath will chemically fog a piece of b/w film, instead of pulling it out in the light. I have also wondered if plain-ol' pot. ferricyanide bleach would do the job of the Ilford bleach recipe.
    Last edited by 2F/2F; 04-16-2009 at 02:11 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by EASmithV View Post
    How do I take negative BW film and develop it as a positive BW slide?
    Sure u can.
    There are tons of recipes here in Apug.Look for them in the Articles section.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 2F/2F View Post
    I have often wondered if E-6 Reversal Bath will chemically fog a piece of b/w film, instead of pulling it out in the light. I have also wondered if plain-ol' pot. ferricyanide bleach would do the job of the Ilford bleach recipe.
    The separate E6 reversal bath should work fine after all all colour films are essentially B&W until developed in a colour developer.

The Ferricyanide bleach won't work as the Silver/Ferricyanide complexes formed are partially insoluble so don't wash out and the negative would partly re-develop along with the positive.

Ian

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    You should be able to use a colour bleach on it.

Hanging it to dry is easier, as you dont have to hold the reel and worry about re-exposing it to light for the correct time and making sure all the film gets enough.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin