Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,968   Posts: 1,523,438   Online: 1010

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I received an order from a weel known UK mail order firm the other day. Part of the order was for Neofin Blue but a note on the invoice said it had been discontinued. Tetenal's web site makes no mention that I noticed that the developer was no longer available. Does anyone know if the developer has been discontinued or was this just a badly worded note from the mail order house?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I do know that Tetenal have discontinued a number of their products. I'll speak to a couple of people in the trade to see what I can find out and report back. As a matter of interest I see you live in Sunderland, that's only about 80 miles away from me in ther borders so why don't we get together sometime.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Silverprint are still listing Neofin Blue, dosn't mean they have any left of course, may be worth asking them. It will be a shame if it has been discontinued, it's a good brew.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    35mm
    AFAIK there were two Neofins - the blue and the red.
    One of them, for sure, was discontinued. never heard about both.

Do a google for Tetenal and take a look at their site.

Jorge O

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    J&C in the banner above is also listing it.

You can also mix it yourself with this formula for the original Beutler's developer:

http://jackspcs.com/fdnb.htm

The link also contains another link to Photographer's Formulary, which sells a kit.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

That's a shame. I just tried Neofin Blue last year for the first time. Produced excellent results on Efke R100. High acutance with finer grain than Rodinal. Overall tonality with this film/developer combo is reminiscent of APX 100 in Rodinal.

Glad I still have a few vials left to enjoy before kissing Neofin "Blau" goodbye.

As David said, plenty of recipes for Beutler and acutance developers around.
    Three degrees of separation from Kevin Bacon.

Shooter
    35mm
    If someone want the 'Real McCoy' Edward Zimmermann posted it, directly from Beutler's book at photo.net.

Do a search for Beutler developer formulae

Jorge O

Note: I've taken a look at Tetenal's site (btw, they may be good on devs, but lousy in site design) and it's still listed.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I E-mailed Tetenak UK and asked about this thread. I received the answer today as follows-- :lol:

Dear Mr Lewis,

Thank you for your recent email regarding the availability of Neofin Blue and Neofin Red developers.

Neofin Red developer was discontinued over a year ago but Neofin Blue is still available. The article number for Neofin Blue is 100126.

Kind regards,

Geoff Giles
    Technical Administrator
    "Just because nobody complains doesn't mean all parachutes are perfect."

Thank heavens for that, I've just started using it and I really like the results.

How many from the north of England/Southern Scotland use this forum, perhaps we could meet up somewhere sometime.

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Retro Photographic also sell Neofin Blue in the UK-they advertise in B&W Photography among other places.
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin