Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,288   Posts: 1,535,365   Online: 808

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pyro and ????

My favorite films with PMK:
    Tri-X
    Acros

With Pyrocat HD:
    Acros

I'm still experimenting but like what I'm getting with these two developers.

Peter Gomena

Shooter
    35mm
    IMHO which pyro developer works the best seems to have a lot to do with ones printing method. After trying a few, I settled on PMK, as it seems to offer advantages for the kind split contrast printing I use. I use it with most any film, and get great results. I tend to use HC110 for 35mm though. I don't find the stain to be a great advantage with small negs. I understand it can be for those who scan, but that's for another forum.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    to take JB's point further the choice of pyro developers should relate to how you process your films, i.e . if by tray, deep tank, rotary mechanical or rotary in BTZS(or other) tubes. Some pyro dev.s have greater sensitivity to aerial oxidation which heavily influences stains, useful dev. times, and evenness of development. Lastly , pyros like prescysol-ef. pyrocat-mc(or hd), can do some especially great things in stand or semi-stand development. My favorite for most film is 100/400 TMax in prescysol-ef or pyrocat-mc (very similar) and Fp4 for special occasions.
    Miles :
    cherish light

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin