Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,920   Posts: 1,522,064   Online: 806

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images

The Polywarmtone Project

Hello!

There is a new project that will bring us back the lovely Forte Paper! Look at the following link for more information, that sounds great!

http://www.polywarmton.com

Regards, Jörg

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Sound like a great idea, though this line makes scratch my head:

"The revenue from these sales leads will cover about 1/3rd of the costs. We will take on the rest of the costs."

Doesn't seem like a sustainable business plan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Registered and placed pre-order

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    It´s a chance to get it back, so every business plan is acceptable. I have ordered too.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I just used my last sheet. I do have a bunch of the Forte RC and I thought I would try it with Lith and sure enough the RC works. Its not as nice, but I can use this until something else comes along. Anyone else tried the Forte RC? I'm trying to decide if I should buy my local shop's $500 worth of Forte RC or save my money for the fiber based stuff if it ever comes to be.

(3 scans of un-toned Lith prints done on Forte RC Multigrade)

Last edited by ic-racer; 04-16-2009 at 12:35 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I signed up and put in a pre-order. I think the business model has to prove that there is intent to buy before the financial backers / Venture capitalists / holding company or whatever eats the other cost to bring the venture online. I think the initial outlay of bringing the kettles and coating line online is the larger cost. Once running, it's relatively easy to run future batches. Which hopefully is where the profit comes from.
    Please check out my website www.amoxomphotography.com and APUG Portfolio .....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes, I've signed up. Hope it comes off, best of luck.
    JON.
    I prefer it in the dark.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Moxom View Post
    I signed up and put in a pre-order. I think the business model has to prove that there is intent to buy before the financial backers / Venture capitalists / holding company or whatever eats the other cost to bring the venture online. I think the initial outlay of bringing the kettles and coating line online is the larger cost. Once running, it's relatively easy to run future batches. Which hopefully is where the profit comes from.
    I know, I was just kind of joking around. It just makes it sound like they are only ever going to recoup 1/3 of the costs via sales. I wish them luck and will probably put my name down for a couple boxes. I think the future of film is going to be more of a direct-to-customer type model, so I think it's great that the manufacturer is trying to directly gauge interest by asking the customer.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    understood. Text changed ;-)

Mirko

Shooter
    35mm
    Never trust someone who can't spell their own domain name.

Or is this a language thing, ton instead of tone?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin