Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,205   Posts: 1,531,694   Online: 1179

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I went today to Jand C to see what is new. On the website it say they will be carrying Adox Film. For years now, I was under the posted impression that Efke and Adox was the same thing. It there Adox film? Is Efke and Adox the same? Did something happen at Efke? Did someone buy the trademark and is now marketing their film under the Adox name?
    I always like Adox KB-14. Is It really coming back? Seriously, I want to know!
    "Just because nobody complains doesn't mean all parachutes are perfect."

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I don't know about JandC, but I was of the impression that EFKE is a linear descendant of ADOX. EFKE KB-25 was earlier called KB-14, and is the same as ADOX KB-25 - within tolerances. It never went away, it just got renamed.

NOTE: The reason for the change from 14 to 25 is a change in naming from the DIN system to the current ISO. The film has always been named after its sensitivity. Same with KB-17/KB-50, and KB-21/KB-100 (don't know why they pulled 1/3 stop off the 100, though...)
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I read somewhere, of course I can't find the link now, that ADOX, as both a process and a brand name, had been owned by DuPont. Some time ago DuPont sold the process to Fotokemika, which manufactured the film under the Efke name. Now Fotokemika has purchased the brand name. Does this mean Efke will now become ADOX? Will there be two films under two different names? I don't know.
    juan

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I read just now on a mailing list I'm on that the "ADOX" trademark (which DuPont held) has expired, and there are now at least two groups developing films to be sold under that name.

I'll stick with EFKE, which AFAIK is not one of the two. They still use the original recipe and machinery from the old ADOX.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin