Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,677   Posts: 1,481,975   Online: 921

mts
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

2481 film processing

I have a long-frozen 100' roll of Kodak 2481 (infrared/Estar base) that I plan to play with in the near future. Kodak processing was for the ancient Versamat B&W processor with Versaflo developer and wonder if anybody has a formula, or suitable replacement for it for processing in Nikkor tanks.

The usual starting place is of course D76 1:1 and also D19/4 min for higher contrast. I imagine I will find quite a high fog level in this old film, and am open to apug suggestions.

Thanks!
    By denying the facts, any paradox can be sustained--Galileo

Shooter
    35mm RF
    2481 is just HIE (High Speed Infrared). See Kodak's F-13 datasheet.

Expect base fog. Also, don't expect a lot of remaining IR sensitivity, the IR sensitizing dye isn't stable.

mts
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for the reference. As I recall, base fog was high when this film was new. We'll see how much if any IR sensitivity remains.
    By denying the facts, any paradox can be sustained--Galileo

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin