Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,554   Posts: 1,573,148   Online: 803

mts
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

2481 film processing

I have a long-frozen 100' roll of Kodak 2481 (infrared/Estar base) that I plan to play with in the near future. Kodak processing was for the ancient Versamat B&W processor with Versaflo developer and wonder if anybody has a formula, or suitable replacement for it for processing in Nikkor tanks.

The usual starting place is of course D76 1:1 and also D19/4 min for higher contrast. I imagine I will find quite a high fog level in this old film, and am open to apug suggestions.

Thanks!
    By denying the facts, any paradox can be sustained--Galileo

Shooter
    35mm RF
    2481 is just HIE (High Speed Infrared). See Kodak's F-13 datasheet.

Expect base fog. Also, don't expect a lot of remaining IR sensitivity, the IR sensitizing dye isn't stable.

mts
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for the reference. As I recall, base fog was high when this film was new. We'll see how much if any IR sensitivity remains.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You still there? Since this is an old post, I'm not going to bother with it unless someone's listening.

mts
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes, still here, but film remains in the freezer because I have not found time to play with it.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin