Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,901   Posts: 1,584,412   Online: 761

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Alternatives for Kodak SO-339 dupe film?

Hello,

Do any film companies make a direct positive B&W duplicating film like Kodak's discontinued S0-339 film?

Thanks for any info regarding (Sorry I goofed and posted this first to color not noticing the different category!)

Andrew

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Yes and no

yes-Photowarehouse sells continuous tone direct positive film. It's probably xray dupe film and it is inexpensive so you can play for not much pay

no- It is maybe half the speed of the Kodak, so enlargement by projection may be impracticable/not possible, but I have done some 5-8 min exposures - I suppose out of desperation.
    I also used it to dupe an almost faded-to-zero neg. It worked , and I needed to exaggerate it to get printable contrast anyways, so the dupe is rather gritty, like TriX in HC 110
    I have used film and paper developer concentrates, also from Photowarehouse , depending on how much contrast I could stand.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin