Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,839   Posts: 1,582,470   Online: 755

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    it helps alot
    THANKS!

- john

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If sharpness is a concern you may try Mr. Thornton's D-23 formula. It calls for 85g of Sulfite...i can't remember the other changes. If you're interested I can look it up. or you can visit his site.
    RL Foley

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I've used D-23 with borax afterbath only. Works great in those high-contrast situations I seem to find myself in all the time. I have no idea of sharpness, as I've only used it on 5x7" negatives.

Nowadays, I would use stand development in FX-2, or Windisch' compensating developer for this. Avoids all thoughts of speed loss (I like shadow detail).
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Barry Thornton's formula uses 6.5g of metol and 80g of sulphite in bath A plus 12g of Sodium metaborate in bath B. This is as good as any other 2B around IMHO and cheap/easy to mix.
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin