Switch to English Language Passer en langue franįaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,986   Posts: 1,524,016   Online: 891

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ADOX Fotoimpex View Post
    ...soon we will have the MCC as well...
    There are other films available, but no paper like MCC. I'm anxiously awaiting your "middle of 2009" production coating target date and hope it is not delayed. Best wishes for a successful run!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thank you for the honest update - and thank you, Robert, for indicating 80s and 400s, something I hadn't heard mention of in a while. I'll give it a look.
    The Analogue Laboratory, or 'so you built a darkroom in an old factory in the industrial zone'.
    Blog thing!.

Worry less. Photograph more.

cmo
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin Aislabie View Post
    What a lovely, clear, honest answer

Doesn't it make a change from the usual marketing babble

Thank you Mirko

Martin
    I second this. Marketing bla normally starts with "less grain, better emulsion, great tones" and other factoids, and that is fatal if a company wants me to by their products, it acts as a deterrent.

Agfa must have produced huge amounts of film in their death agony, and somehow they must have missed the market requirements. APX 100 is undoubtedly a good film, but whatever we can buy today is old stock and will not get better over the years, no matter on which kind of base you scrawl it.

At least for 35mm there is more than enough 100 ASA film in the market to fill the gap until an ingenious inventor creates a worthy successor and offers fresh produce.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jim appleyard View Post
    Mirko, thanks. I would like to know if the 120 size of the APX films could now be produced? I think the current inventory has dried up some time ago as I only see it listed on ebay and going for healthy prices. If they were able to be produced, I'd be first in line!
    Jim,

from a market standpoint you are absolutely right. We could make a certain amount of film and convert it to sheets and 120. However we currently judge the demand for these formats to be less than half of the market of 35mm. Playing with the emulsions in the lab using stabilizers and sensitizers taken over from Agfa costs pennys. Restocking them on a production scale is an investment which has to pay back in a certain timeframe.

We are currently investigating if we can change some ingredients with little or no effect on the filmīs charactersitics so we can bundle the purchase with other products. If this works we consider a small scale start.
    But I canīt give you a timeline. We are only in research now.

Best regards,

Mirko
    Last edited by ADOX Fotoimpex; 04-21-2009 at 01:35 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jim appleyard View Post
    Mirko, thanks. I would like to know if the 120 size of the APX films could now be produced? I think the current inventory has dried up some time ago as I only see it listed on ebay and going for healthy prices. If they were able to be produced, I'd be first in line!
    ... and I will line up behind Jim. I'm really missing APX in the 120-format - Rodinal user as I am. Thanks for keep the Agfa heritage alive, Mirko!
    - You will develop when you become an analog photographer / Exposed Material / Monochromes

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    In that test Robert has posted obove the Retro 80S is called a film of "classic, cubic crystal-technology".
    Agfa however stated a few years ago that their (aerial) films are made of crystals of a core-shell, thinner than wide structure.
    Hello,

the test report quoted by Robert was made and published by me. Probably Robert simply has forgotten to add the source. No problem.
    Concerning the question whether the Agfa-Gevaert Aviphot Pan 80 (= Rollei Retro 80S, http://www.agfa.com/sp/en/binaries/A...m221-42585.pdf) is a film with classic cubic crystals the responsible manager for this film at the Agfa materials group was asked directly. He confirmed that this film has a cubic crystal structure.

Best regards,
    Henning

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thank you gentlemen. I look forward to the day when APX films are running thru my cameras again.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I guess that I am in the minority here, but the only Agfa film I am really interested in trying is the Agfapan 25. I have been reading ecstatic comments about it on the Internet for a very long time, particularly when paired with Rodinal. But somehow I have never gotten around to trying it. Perhaps I would try it and be disappointed that it didn't live up to the hype, but I would still like to try it. Apparently its fans don't believe that the slow films from Efke and Ilford are a reasonable substitute.
    Charles Hohenstein

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Chazzy, Agfa 25 is often available on ebay...if you want to pay for it. It truly was/is a great film and I also liked it in Rodinal. If you do see some, make sure it's been frozen since day one as it has been out of production since '01.

Efke 25 and Ilford Pan-F are reasonable subs, but they are different. Efke has QC problems; love the look tho' and Ilford is, for some folks, tough to get right.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin