Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,338   Posts: 1,537,658   Online: 1016

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kodak T-max 100

Shooter
    Medium Format
    TMax-100 in Rodinal 1:100 is one of my favorite combos. (FWIW)!!

Bob H
    "Why is there always a better way?"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Like Bob says, but I used Rodinal 1:50 on this film, which I previously didn't like because of excessive contrast. This combo (1:100 would do it as well) gave really nice results, and tamed that contrast.
    Not a film that I normally use, but like you, I acquired a lot of slightly out of date TMax 100 and decided to experiment on it. The diluted Rodinal seemed the best from the developers that I tried....D76 1:1, XTol 1:1 and Pyrocat HD.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by LF2007 View Post
    I have some old Kodak T-max 100 film which expired in 2001 but has always been in the freezer. I want to shoot a test roll, what developer do I have to use to develop this film. Can I use regular Rodinal or Diafine? Sorry if I'm ignorant but I never used T-Max 100 before.
    You may find this interesting about T-Max films.

http://glsmyth.com/Misc/Bascom/TMax.htm

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks to all. this is a tremendous help. I will surely do some tests and report back.

By the way; how would you rate it? At 100 iso?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by LF2007 View Post
    By the way; how would you rate it? At 100 iso?
    It depends on the lighting conditions and your developer. I use Edwal 12 developer, which is available from the Photographer's Formulary as a kit.
    With flat lighting I rate it at box speed and develop normally. In scenes with lots of contrast I overexpose, (rate the film at 50 or 25) and develop for a shorter amount of time.

With other developers you may not be able to rate it at box speed when you develop normally.

Or, your personal preference may be that you don't want full shadow detail, and then you might be able to rate it at EI 200 and adjust your development accordingly.

There are many ways to do it. Only you can tell what's going to work for you.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin