Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,906   Posts: 1,555,860   Online: 889

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Bulk Loading B&W Film

How many still bulk load their film? Is it still worth doing? It's been many years since I have. My shooting is slowing down now and I was wondering if it was worth still doing. I am considering it because it will allow me to roll smaller size (4, 6, 8,12) rolls of B&W film. Which I find sometimes more convenient than having to use a 24 or 36 exposure roll. I know this will effect the number of rolls one get and cost is a little higher per roll. I will be using about 25 to 40 percent for smaller rolls. I develop my own B&W film. So any information will be appreciated. Thanks in advance for taking the time to read and answer.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I have bulk loaded b/w for almost 50 years. I do not use a bulk loader. It galls me to have to buy film in cartridges when I can do it myself.
    John, Mount Vernon, Virginia USA

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Absolutely go for it. I get used cartridges from a local drug store and load film onto them. It works great.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I do it...it cuts my film costs in half. Go for it!
    Kodachrome
    They give us those nice bright colors
    They give us the greens of summers
    Makes you think all the world's a sunny day, oh yeah.
    -Paul Simon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It's the only way to go. Actually, this question was asked not to long ago. If you do a search, you'll get lots of answers to this question.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Me too. I bought up big on APX 100 when I found out Agfa were say "Goodbye"; still in the freezer just waiting to be rolled as needed.

- Nanette
    www.nanettereid.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've been bulk loading for about a year now. I don't use a loader: I just measured the length of a 24 exp roll on the wall and put up a piece of tape. I measure from the roll against the wall to the tape, cut and spool into the cassette. I use tape from a $1 shop to tape it to the spool. So far, so good

I've got TMAX 100 & 400, Tri-X 400 and Plus-X 125 in canisters in the fridge, ready to go.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    bulk loading is quick and easy.
    i have tmy(400); foma200;
    xp2super all waiting in my fridge
    for me to load them.

have fun!

john

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Bulk loader here, too. I've got some bulk -- one 600 meter roll of Ilford surveillance film (maybe 30 rolls in so far), and will soon finish my first 400ft. roll of Double-X and need to get another. You can get Plus-X and Double-X in 400ft. rolls from Kodak. Get them in these lengths and your costs come down to far less than a dollar a roll. Every other week or so I load 10 cartridges or so.

Shooter
    35mm
    I have three pieces of tape on the edge of my sink, one for 24 and the other for 36 exp. Works fine. Only been doing it for 46 years.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin