Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,840   Posts: 1,582,580   Online: 958

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    lns

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Speaking to the films, I have used and liked Efke KB25 in 35mm and Arista.edu Ultra 100 (which is rebranded Fomapan) in 120 film. The Efke KB25 is a particularly beautiful film. I developed both in Rodinal. I found both hard to work with, however, mostly because the films curled like crazy after development. Still, both are nice films. I don't have anything scanned, but I know you can find many images shot with these films on Flickr.

Fuji Acros 100 is a film I use regularly in 120. It is first quality and well-priced. Highly recommended.

-Laura
    Last edited by lns; 04-23-2009 at 07:28 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckP View Post
    If you can stomach a little warmer tone the Emaks graded paper is very nice. Reminds me of the old Pal paper from a few years back.
    Did anyone ever figure out who actually made that PAL paper?
    Mark
    Mark Layne
    Nova Scotia
    and Barbados

Shooter
    35mm
    I'll add one caveat: I've printed a number of photos on Foma VC RC paper, and when framed (in admittedly cheap frames), the papers have begun to silver out on me after about 18-24 months. Unframed prints (stored in loose stacks of prints) don't show problems. There's no hint of silvering out on framed prints made on Agfa MCP 310RC after up to five years (I began doing my own printing five years ago, so I have no older prints). I've never seen anybody else mention this, so perhaps I'm just doing something wrong. OTOH, all of my framed Foma prints that are older than two years show signs of silvering out, and none of my Agfa prints (framed or not) do. (I've got a few prints on other papers, but these are all either unframed or less than a year old.) Most of these prints were fixed with TF-3, but some were fixed with other fixers. Unfortunately, I didn't keep good records of the fixers I used.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by srs5694 View Post
    I'll add one caveat: I've printed a number of photos on Foma VC RC paper, and when framed (in admittedly cheap frames), the papers have begun to silver out on me after about 18-24 months. Unframed prints (stored in loose stacks of prints) don't show problems. There's no hint of silvering out on framed prints made on Agfa MCP 310RC after up to five years (I began doing my own printing five years ago, so I have no older prints). I've never seen anybody else mention this, so perhaps I'm just doing something wrong. OTOH, all of my framed Foma prints that are older than two years show signs of silvering out, and none of my Agfa prints (framed or not) do. (I've got a few prints on other papers, but these are all either unframed or less than a year old.) Most of these prints were fixed with TF-3, but some were fixed with other fixers. Unfortunately, I didn't keep good records of the fixers I used.
    I don't think it is your fixer, but rather what you are describing is a known problem with RC papers. Treating the prints with Agfa Sistan (if still available) can help before the silvering starts.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin