Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,316   Posts: 1,536,734   Online: 1033

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    So is the Arista II VC FB the same as the Kentmere Fineprint VC FB paper?

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahler_one View Post
    Please excuse me for honing in on one of your statements that perhaps might be perceived incorrectly. Do YOU notice any difference in the way the two papers print?
    The last time I did this, I ran out of Arista and finished with a box of ilford and the only difference I noticed was that the Ilford seemed to lay a bit flatter. Once washed and dried and mixed up, no I wouldn't be able to tell.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by david b View Post
    I think the only way to know for sure is work for either Freestyle or Kentmere to know if there is any other difference besides the box.

Today when I talked to the sales woman on the phone and expressed concern that they were discontinuing the Arista she told me that I could still get the Kentmere and it was the same paper.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by david b View Post
    This was my understanding when they introduced it. I was unable to see any difference at all between the Kentmere and the Arista II.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I think if Ilford won't allow their Kentmere (formula) papers to be private labeled by huge vendors such as Freestyle, their volume of sales is going to go way down. After all, the private label papers and their economical prices are what students have to use, and what prudent professionals use for volume printing. They can continue to "protect" the Ilford line, by restricting the use of Ilford formulas to Ilford brand products.

Let's face it, vendors such as Freestyle will find something to sell under their Arista name, and all that paper then sold is paper sales lost to Harman.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Arggg..

Arista II is the only paper that my midterm for advanced class would print on. the ilford required 9 times the exposure thru lots of incriments and dodge/burning.

My 2 mamiya rigs are fast becoming eye candy.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    How many are using Arista II and what is the price difference between it and Kentmere?
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Go to Freestyles website and look

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The difference isn't prohibitive.
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    35mm
    The difference seems to be between $39 and $46 for 100 sheets of 8x10 RC. A significant difference.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin